Munster GAA Round Robin 2022

Highest scoring is then used to decide.

1 Like

Going into the last weekend with no one eliminated is unreal. Everything to play for. This format is unreal.

1 Like

It suits the best conditioned teams.

2 Likes

Fitness is usually relevant in most sports, good observation.

4 Likes

Eddie Brennan saying Walsh Park pitch is 8 meters narrower than standard and Waterford should play in Thurles next year because of it. Is he correct about the pitch dimensions?

@gman its happening again.

1 Like

https://www.rte.ie/sport/hurling/2022/0511/1297395-size-matters-gaa-pitch-dimensions-irk-beyond-measure/

1 Like

Aye indeed.

I tried to have a look on Google Maps but neither pitch is lined. Money must have been too tight for lime

1 Like

A mini blitz at half time in the Munster final

3 Likes

And squad depth. Waterford has the smallest number of hurling clubs of the five Munster counties and by extension the smallest pool of players to tap into.

Also the smallest population

It’s a bit like the net spend league table in Premier League soccer. It’s very hard to overcome those sort of impediments.

Waterford also doesn’t have a billionaire financial backer bankrolling operations either. They’re still primarily relying on selling raffle tickets to fundraiser things.

Isn’t their main sponsor a Limerick man?

There isn’t a standard only a minimum and maximum. 80m is minimum so i assume it’s a least that

1 Like

The Teslas are circling

Ah would ya sthop, a month ago they were being built up as the strongest panel in the country.

1 Like

Good article

No surprise that Limerick have a tight pokey pitch for their style of hurling claustrophobia

I remember when the Cork greyhounds were going to run the legs off Declan Hannon in the wide open spaces of Croke Park.

5 Likes