Munster GAA Round Robin 2022

Both same price outright so would be 10/11 each if they met id say.

1 Like

No doubt Waterford and Tipp were poor, but I do feel that this is an improved Cork team. Management have made key changes in play style and positions of certain players.

Cork mixing up their play more is refreshing to watch, and I think it actually makes our running game much more effective. Teams won’t be decisive any more in pressing Cork, as Cork have a new-found willingness to go long. If the perfect pass is on, play it. If the run is on, run it. I still believe we’re best served moving the ball through the hands for the most part - But Cork are more prepared to have to go long on occasions and once Tim returns to fitness, Cork will have an added ball winner up front.

Joyce has been excellent at centre back since he has slotted in there seamlessly. Looks so cool and composed and is a more natural CB and defender than Coleman. Coleman is hurling with a lot more freedom at half back - he had another great game yesterday.
Millerick will have to come in for Cahalane the next day, and I think Cork might have to adopt a man-on-man approach at times as Downey can’t be let isolated on the edge of the square against a forward with wicked pace. For example, if Cork were to play Kilkenny tomorrow I would have Downey follow Walter Walsh, O’Donoghue on Eoin Cody, Millerick on TJ Reid etc.
Alan Connolly has been touted as an upcoming superstar for a while in Rocky country and he’s taken some goals this year superbly. A natural goalscorer, he provides Cork with a direct option too as he’s capable of wrestling his man off a ball.

Of course, this biggest change had to come from the attitude of the players, and it has. The work rate from the forwards in particular has improved immensely.

I do think Cork are a much better team now than what they were against Limerick and Clare earlier in the season. Remains to be seen how they can go from here though, as I think it’s very close from here on in between everyone apart from Limerick.

8 Likes

How? Because ye only lost by two after a few consolation scores? Clare hurled the shit out of ye.

I don’t particularly want to get into a debate based on the game in Thurles, I expect Cork to be much better than they were that day.

But ‘consolation’ scores don’t leave less than a puck of a ball in the difference

Anyway, they wouldn’t be the first team to overturn an early season result

Cork do have an excellent record against Clare over the past decade or more. But Clare look extremely strong this year. That was some statement of intent against Waterford yesterday without 6 or 7 of their starters. A different animal to the Clare team Cork edged out last year in my opinion.

Tis all the one. Cork will turn tail at the first sign of a green jersey.

Just like Galway fail at the sight of a Cork jersey

2 Likes

Last time we played them in the championship we battered them mate.

Ah you’d have a lot of sympathy for the Galway lads bitterness towards Cork
Decades of shitting the togs on the big day would do that :man_shrugging:

Im staying well.out of this one but I hope you dug the greatest American hero suit out of the wardrobe.

Cork haven’t beaten Galway in championship since 2008. We’ve won the last 4 championship games with some ease. Those old fears are well gone.

When push comes to shove you’ll always be confident of beating Galway with your cap.

Hon Kerry

Davy will have the phone out

———————

Yesterday’s game was equivalent to a leisurely stroll in the park for Clare as they dominated from start to finish. Waterford offered no resistance whatsoever in what was the worst display I have ever seen from the county.

Billed as ‘the team to beat’ by former manager Derek McGrath, they were overhyped and clearly let it get to them. The intensity Waterford brought was akin to a preseason warmup competition and the line-up seemed experimental and ill thought through. Austin Gleeson started the game in the half back line with marquee forward Stephen Bennett on the bench. Liam Cahill had a go at the players after the Cork team and placed the responsibility on them for their poor performance. He must have hoped that this would galvanise them into a display against Clare but it had the opposite affect and may have de motivated his team even further.

It reminded me of our own team in 2016. We won the league that year in impressive fashion and the team was in good shape heading into the championship. After a narrow defeat to Waterford in the first round, we embarked a two-week punishing training regime that drained every bit of energy out of us. We were flat thereafter and were eventually knocked out meekly by Galway in Thurles. Too often in GAA managers overtrain teams as they do not have trust in their players. It also serves their own ego if things do go right as focus is placed on ferocious nature of training as opposed to the display of the team. Liam Cahill may have bought too much into the idea that his training and not the quality of the players was the reason for their success, while in reality both can be true.

My money is on dictionary Derek

The phone reference is more so the slight he will take from the last paragraph posted.

2 Likes

Been screenshotting my tickets for every game thus far :thinking:

1 Like

Yeah I dunno whats the story as I do that myself the odd time. Even on the home page it says wont allow screenshot due to security policy. Must be the app

Save as a pdf and then screenshot

You’re over complicating things here.