Munster GAA Round Robin 2022

He did well and is a tough but if stuff… I must have had a club man of his in my ear all game… Well done Ribbie, come on Robbie, hon Robbie - all game long… I let out a ‘Robbie my bollox’ at one stage he was doing my head in so much.

End story.

1 Like

I know he’d like the camogie medal but I was surprised he went down there.

Being the first one would turn him on I’d say, and the man who brings it back to Cork will be remembered forever.

I’d say it must appeal to Davy hugely, and he is brazen.

3 Likes

A better manager would get a tune from them. They’d be competitive at least.

4 Likes

Spot on, a good example of it was SeĂĄn o Donohue who had been solid enough upto today but the short puck out and having no options absolutely killed him , meanwhile Limerick had all the time in the world with their short puckouts

And everyone clapped?

2 Likes

No. I was in the Cark end.

Twud be a dream job for him tbf

1 Like

To be fair there was a fine Limerick crowd in all ends.

I was a small bit worried about today given our very poor league form and the injuries in the full forward line but that was very impressive. The most pleasing part was the level of hunger and tenacity the Limerick players showed. Over the last few weeks the narrative has nearly been that Waterford are the team to beat and this suited us fine but today Limerick announced that they have gone nowhere. Mike Casey was superb today and I didn’t expect to see him start let alone excel like that.

I don’t want to insult Cork too much as they are a proud hurling county with a lot more All Ireland’s won than we have and sporting supporters (unlike say Tipp) but that was abysmal from them, and they’ll know that themselves. I was surprised Kingston didn’t walk or get pushed after last year’s final but as has been mentioned already they’ve learned nothing from it and for sure this Limerick team are in their heads now. They will have to clear the decks and hit reset. Pat Horgan has been lauded as a great but for me he has just been a free taker for the last five years give or take. And he is the least of their problems. When you see poor Harnedy still coming on you know they are in trouble, and he was a great player in his time but he’s well outside his prime now given the miles on his clock and the injuries he’s had.

Waterford can be happy enough they got over the line they were much better overall and the scoreline flattered Tipp. Waterford won playing poorly so that’s a good sign really for them. I think that was Tipp’s All Ireland today, they needed to spring a surprise really today and get the win as they will struggle now from here. They are at as low an ebb as I’ve ever seen them, albeit like any Tipp side they can conjure goals to keep them respectable but Waterford blew them apart in a 5min spell there. It’s a bad sign when Noel McGrath is still starting as his day has passed. Sheedy really did Tipp a disservice I think in not integrating youth earlier as they are in no man’s land now and look set for the doldrums for a few years. I think Clare will beat Tipp.

Looking ahead it does look like Limerick and Waterford are the best two in the land but one who could spring a surprise and make the final is Kilkenny, I don’t see any of the others involved at the business end.

6 Likes

You’ve fucked yourself for the handy Douglas tickets now.

Cork won’t appoint an outsider (bar Meyler)

2 Likes

What style or system of play can you discern with that cork team?

There was…e silence from him all day…it’s only a game…don’t understand the connection if you’ve no one directly involved etc etc

I’d agree. I thought the Waterford goalie made a better save today.

Coleman should be fucking dropped. For a man of his supposed ability his use of the ball was diabolical. Doesn’t read the game at all. Horgan is getting a lot of criticism and fair enough his movement was chronic but why is he inside on his own. He needs some one in beside him as a foil. Limerick are in these players heads too there is no doubt about that.

I’m writing to the Cork County Board Tuesday for a refund. Between tickets, diesel, carvery, pints and the rest I’m in for €200. Didn’t even get a game. Robbed.

9 Likes

Under Meyler, they nearly beat Limerick in an all ireland semi final that went to extra time and then beat Limerick in a munster round robin match in the Gaelic Grounds. Now Limerick are hockeying the living daylights out of Cork

At the time, the tune from Cork supporters was bring Kingston back as Meyler was holding Cork back! Now it looks like Meyler was getting more of a tune out of Cork

6 Likes

I famously told @caoimhaoin years ago that Limerick had better players at the time and better players coming through, and that Limerick would win an all Ireland before cork did. It was the most bumped post of all time on TFK, poor auld Kev eventually retired from the board because of it but it was just the long and the short of it.

7 Likes

I remember that when was it around 215/16?

I’m not sure myself but there’s a few lads bookmarked it and posted links to it multiple times. You wouldn’t be long guessing who, I’m sure they could help you out.

1 Like