Munster GAA Round Robin 2022

“Aboy Hoggy boy”

pppffffttttt!

1 Like

Only the 35 points margin between LK and CK in the last 3 championship clashes long are gone when they destroyed us in most of my formative years attending games

5 Likes

Jesus i wounder will they keep saying he deserves an all ireland medal? As i told many a folk last August you only deserve what you win

3 Likes

Unsurprising

The Leinster round robin is going to be some waste of time.

2 Likes

Harsh but fair. When I saw the papers fawning over him after a few league games :grimacing:

1 Like

You’re some legend in fairness to you

7 Likes

I know.

We are nearly at the stage where we might IMO

In their last two championship meetings, the aggregate score from play is Limerick 5-48, Cork 2-20.

2 Likes

A fresh pair of eyes is needed.

1 Like

Lookit the manager and management team can be blamed only so much, Cork simply do not have the players. It’s grand winning a few underage titles but the top class hurlers aren’t in cork anymore. Strange and all as it sounds, the strikes and shite that went on in Cork for years are coming home to roost

I’ll confer with my provincial comrades but would ye be agreeable to being clapped on and off the field at semi finals stage? Maybe a little bow to Kyle if he happens catches your eye?

cc @mac @Fran @binkybarnes

5 Likes

Only if ye are playing

When Lehane was taken off it was right down in front of me.
He saw his number on the board before it was announced. It was the most enthusiastic departure from a pitch that I can recall. Seemed in his mind he was like “Thank God this is over!”.

2 Likes

Hurricane Austin was something else when it came yesterday wasnt it?

I thought it was his most effective game for Waterford. Less pyrotechnics and an amount of dirty ball won.

2 Likes

I’m reminded of the Canadian rugby full back who was interviewed after their 1995 world cup hammering by a Jonah Lomu inspired New Zealand. Lomu had trampled all over the Canadian defence scoring a scatter of tries. The full back was asked by a reporter straight after the game what it felt like trying to tackle Lomu. ‘Man we were bugs in the windshield’ he replied ruefully.

4 Likes

I don’t know… I said it here or on the Limerick gentleman’s thread, at the league semi v KK I watched the Cork forwards off the ball a lot and their movement, or lack thereof, was puzzling. They bunch together and rarely break into space or try drag men away to create space for others. They literally don’t know what they are doing… How can management be looking in at that over the last 5/6 weeks and not change a thing?

I’d be playing Connolly and Harnedy all day anyway.

The problem they have with their u20s and 17s now is that if they keep witnessing pastings like that, they’ll simply walk away. At least Tipp walked away with green shoots yesterday.