Munster GAA Round Robin 2022

Harnedy looks bet and Iā€™m not convinced about Connolly either, he has farted around on the panel for 2/3 years without nailing down a place in a shite forward line, but is relatively young yetā€¦I just donā€™t think Cork have the players made of the right stuff anymore

In faorness to every cork person ive spoken tp since has been very pragmatic about the match, as have the cork posters on here. Universal agreemebt that limerick really exposed their weaknesses. Cork might not have the same level of players as LK and Waterford but a lot of the blame has to lie with the management, a game plan that was easily exposed in the last 2 games with no plan b. If the management dont use the last 2 games to chamce it up they wont get out of munster and Kingston will be gone. Not acceptable to have a cork them embarrassed like that 3 times in 12 months

Well their best player off the minors last year is after choosing Munster Rugby!

Harnedy was ill all week I think. Heā€™s still the only man they have that can and will win ball.

2 Likes

I havenā€™t seen that choice work out too well over the lsdt few yearā€™s. Sweetham only has 1 cap. Alan Tynan of Tipp was dropped after academy. Stephen Fitzgerald did well at connacht and now retired due to injury

Thatā€™s basically it.

I rest my case

1 Like

Connolly is the laziest player on the panel.

2 Likes

U20s management took him off many times due to this. I like Connolly but unfortunately, when that/laziness is part of your DNA, I dont see it changing.

Does Aaron Gillane don some sort of cloak of invisibility when he plays Cork? They can see him canā€™t they?

2 Likes

Heā€™ll make runs at least. What you have now is a bunch of goats herded together and very easy to defend. Youā€™d feel sorry for the backs and keeper, no out ball and they getting mangled.

What will he get out of a commitment to Cork hurling at the moment?

1 Like

They arenā€™t dropping Horgan (even if they should) and a Connolly/Horgan full-forward line is a massive no-no.

They need to put someone else center-back, fuck Oā€™Mahony up the pitch and start someone with some physicality at half-forward for an absolute start. Realistically theyā€™ll just throw out the same shite against in two weeks.

1 Like

Why was he the only lad making runs?

Are they told not to make runs and he went rogue?

John Keenan did well yesterday and he has improved a lot as a referee. Granted, it wasnā€™t a difficult game to handle and there wasnā€™t a bad pull in it.

3 Likes

Yeah, itā€™s probably too late at this stage for wholesale changesā€¦ thereā€™s too many square circles.

I do really like Joyce, heā€™s class.

Is there an argument for Milerick in defence/ full line?

Hoggie needs to go to the bench- 20-30 mins game time.
Fitzgibbon needs to be benched, offers nothing for most of the game but has serious speed to unleash.

Coleman - fuck knows what you do with him but heā€™s not a back. Give him a free role in the forwards like Cian Lynch?

Surely thereā€™s another Bill Superman Cooper in the county?

How many u21s from a few years ago and recent U20s have been brought into the squad and coached / developed over the last 4/5 years?

Millerick is a defender, and probably one of our best. It defies logic not playing him there.

1 Like

Bring back bill cooper.

And JBM while you are it.

Have Cork anyone else who could tap over a few handy frees?

@Funtime is on it mate. He is conducting a Root and Branch Review. See the appropriate thread

2 Likes