Munster GAA Round Robin 2022

Finn did a cruciate?

O’Brien’s save was a good bit better tbh.

Quaid was unreal again though; compare him to Collins like. He is so far ahead of the rest in his all-round play, as well as being a very good shot stopper.

Would you say it is suspiciously high?

Not enough actual skilful hurlers tbh. Full-back line hate having the ball, which is fair enough, but then you can’t hit short puckouts to them, that’s madness.

And then some of the skilful ball players they have are either lazy or braindead.

First touch of their forwards not good enough either; just lacking basic skills under pressure.

Its hard to know what the right ploy is with regards to bringing through underage talent. Sheedy was roundly criticised for not bringing through U21 teams who won successive All Irelands. His contention was they were not ready. But maybe he was too conservative too. Its hard to know. Cork seemed to bring them through en masse and they are experiencing plenty of growing pains now. The lack of Fitzgibbon cup Winter hurling during covid years stymmied player development too. Tipp on the other hand told Bowe to go away and go in with the footballers for the year. He looks a different animal now. Same with a few others most notably Craig Morgan. With Ciaran Connolly and Bryan O Mara to come in next year Tipp might be able to challenge again sooner rather than later. Next week we should learn more.

What’s the story with Jerome Cahill? Will he back in the future?

Hard to know. He was one of best players in club championship last year. He opted out of Tipp panel. Dont think he had any interest playing senior intercounty and committment levels required. Could all change again in future though. Hopefully!

From what I’ve seen, he’s a good player and would be well able for the step-up.

I like Gearoid O’Connor too, he was probably hindered by missing a lot of the league with Fitzgibbon.

I thought Tipp played well but a bit of a concern would be how much of the first half display was down to Noel McGrath’s brilliance and I don’t think Clare will let him roam like that

Spot on.

Davy Fitz…?

You have not got a clue.

Why? Did he not do a great job with Wexford?

No, he did not. Far from it.

What games are you looking at?

Have to agree to disagree. He made Wexford relevant again.

He’s biased against him. Davy Fitz is a good manager for a few years before it eventually goes stale

3 Likes

Cork need a change of culture. Davy has shown he can do that. I would take him in a heart beat.

1 Like

He has a set against Davy and McGrath and “sweepers” and ignores their successes.

Na. He’d get a horn at the thought of Coleman as a sweeper.

I think @fenwaypark is right. Cork playing like Wexford played in 2019 would be a lot more effective than whatever the fuck it is they’re trying to do at the moment. Cork also have quite a lot of like for like greyhound type players that could sustain such a game longer.

1 Like

What is Success in hurling ? Cork achieved more last year than Davy did with Wexford.

There’s about 7 counties who take hurling seriously.