Munster GAA Round Robin 2022

Waterford can afford to rest some of their big guns for Sunday

1 Like

Offtā€¦ I knew heā€™d leave Gleeson stew in the bench. Great management.

Theyā€™re a better team without Gleesonā€¦ Heā€™s holding them back.

Flanagan and Casey are huge losses. Hayes has nothing done with his hamstringā€¦ Mul has 40/45 mins in him at most. The stars have aligned for Cork. Limerick havenā€™t had a run out 6 weeks - the kk and Waterford games will stand to Cork. Theyā€™ll hit the ground running.

Limerick are seriously up against it.

Limerick by 18 points.

Limerick will be fine but you would worry for them if they do hit a flat spot later in the year, CON aside there isnā€™t much on that bench which will frighten teams or you feel could turn a game which is going away from them.

It is still very much the 2018 core which is understandable as they are Kielyā€™s men. Be interesting to does the team change much as the year progresses especially if there is a flat performance or two in the round robin

In fairness you have Richie English on the subs who could release Kyle back up the field and maybe allow Barry Nash to move into the half back line.

Thatā€™s probably a bigger move to ponder for an opposition team than anything else.

Obviously not ideal but itā€™s an option.

Remember now that Flanagan and P Casey are to come into that 26. And if Adam English finds a bit of form he could come into it later in the year.

The biggest danger to Limerick is being flat and getting caught out early in the year, not later in the year. If we get out of Munster weā€™ll win the All Ireland as weā€™ll only get better and stronger as we go. Getting out of Munster is the tricky bit as thereā€™s no doubt about it, weā€™re heading into tomorrow and next Saturday under a huge question mark given injuries and league form and the poor form of a few key players.

It can be easily done between games but it is a big lever to pull mid match though - very seldom you see teams making three positional changes when making a sub unless in desperation.

Realistically it could be four switches unless you are subbing one of Hegarty/Lynch/Morrissey and you would think others would be called ashore first.

I think Iā€™d agree that ye should get better as the year goes on but that is in isolation. But on the other hand more games and specifically tough games Limerick get the harder it will be for them you would think though. Ye are very much the team to beat and expect ye will win the A/I again but I think ye might look a bit like Galway in 2018 this year where ye can look outstanding for spells but also have really flat spells too but almost impossible to put away

I think the panel will be needed and mightnā€™t be any harm to lose a game or two in Munster if a couple of new options are pitched in out of necessity and hold their own.

Casey could be on the bench before the round robin is over. But it does show how limited we are outside first 16/17ā€¦ Be interesting to see what they do if we are struggling a bit tomorrowā€¦ Nash or Kyle moving up was the move a lot of people speculated on with M Casey back fit. We might still see something like it for Waterford.

Youā€™re not wrong.

They hardly have screens up inside in PUC now like they do in Croker? Trying to figure out a poa for the WD - Tipp game tomorrow.

Longboats pub or The Venueā€¦ Both less than 10 minutes from ground.

See you in Longboats.

The game will be some mess with the rain thatā€™s due to fall.

Where is Longboats? We were going to head to The Venue for the first game.

Longboats is at the bottom of that hill, a pick of a ball from the Venue, youā€™d get a better class of punter there tomorrow than in the venue, better choice of pint as well, wonā€™t have much comfort though

You might be know it as the Temple Inn which was over the door until recently

1 Like

As in the bottom of the hill heading down towards PUC or the hill heading down towards the Temple Inn?

EDIT - just saw the addendum. Sound.

Itā€™s the Temple Inn, was always known as longboats and they made it official a few years ago

1 Like

If I recall correctly, that place is fairly small? I know thereā€™s an outside part but donā€™t know if thereā€™s a TV there.

Thereā€™ll be 8 of us. A 5-3 Limerick/Cork split.