Munster GAA Round Robin 2022

Just calling out facts bro.

Are you telling me there are 8 or 10 more physical hurlers in Cork, capable of performing in championship?

They have no midfielders on the squad besides Fitzgibbon. Not everything is ā€œhubrisā€ or Cork arrogance - itā€™s pure incompetence by the management and how theyā€™ve made up the squad.

Heā€™s a waste of spaceā€¦ He shouldnā€™t even be in the panel, not to mind the match day squad.

I donā€™t even think it is physicality. Attitude without the ball is hugely lacking. No workrate or harrying of any real note from the cork forwards today once the initial break was won.

Luke Meade isnā€™t a physical or flashy hurler but is honest in his application, yet is nowhere to be seen while Coleman and Fitzgibbon gave Malone and Taylor free reign today

4 Likes

In fairness, your telly is bigger than reality.

1 Like

Fairly miserable that a 19 year old was again our best performer today.

2 Likes

Theyā€™ll hardly televise the bloodbath in Waterford will they?

Agreed but Clare were still the better team, and comfortably so.

Very Diarmuid Byrnes really.

Wait until Christmas,. Thereā€™ll be an 80inch bad boy.

1 Like

There probably are. Anyway I donā€™t think they need quite that many. Carrying players in key positions like Coleman and Fitzgibbon who seem to somehow still be highly rated by Cork fans is the main problem. Same glaring flaws in the team all come from management: wrong players in wrong positions, workrate, no apparent plan at all their own puckouts long or short, consistently odd selection and substitution decisions.

Seems about right. Even worse in their team selections.

1 Like

Iā€™m delighted for Brian Lohan. Davy will be seething if Clare continue to do well.

9 Likes

Munster effectively done and dusted after two and a half round. Clare v Waterford in Ennis will decide who joins Limerick in the final and who finishes 3rd. Kilkenny on the other hand could be gone if they lose on the final day to Wexford.

Iā€™d agree though that Cork v Clare should have been televised somewhere.

1 Like

Thatā€™s it exactly. Workrate, tackling and effort is something thatā€™s valued by management of all the decent teams. Kiely, Cahill, Cody, Shefflin, Lohan - all their teams and players work and it clearly comes from management. Kingston consistently picks and rewards players who donā€™t work, again and again. Itā€™s completely broken.

2 Likes

Wexford wonā€™t beat Kilkenny. Not a hope , particularly after the result today. Cork technically not out of it but based on what I witnessed today, I wouldnā€™t be surprised if Tipp bate em. Assuming Limerick win next weekend , the Clare v Limerick game will be nothing more than a training session for both

No it was John Conlon.

Oh I dont care who gets blamed.

I just feel he is a liability. If the yellow card wasnt for the boot and I doubt it was he was lucky.

Thatā€™s probably the end of Paud as a ref?

delighted for Lohan