Munster GAA Round Robin 2022

@PasqualePaoli ?? Any update?

I’m sure he is fine. It’s part of the game now and while you would rather not see it as it is somewhat unedifying but I don’t think you could blame a lad for lying down when time is almost up and your a man down - pretty much happens in all field sports at all levels in those circumstances.

It is normally the limerick lads who ring their hands about simulation and go on rants about it while completely ignoring when their own team do it. But I suppose the double standard is lost on ye.

4 Likes

I have a sore head

Diving will become a huge part of the gaa now given the zero tolerance to swinging hurlers or interfering with helmets.

There’s a reason soccer players dive and it’s not because they are soft.

I think it is hard to make a judgement on either incident with the angles shown. Both looked innocuous enough but Galvin struck low and could easily have caught O’Donoghue in the testicles given how he took a couple of steps back before crumbling. It could also have been a blatant dive but who knows.

Thought it was silly enough from Galvin as the eyes of the lineman were on him as the pushing and shoving had died down and he gave the ref a decision to make.

The rule encourages players to fall to the ground.

They’d an angle of the Tyrone sending off where you can see the lad drop and all the Derry players immediately trying to bring it to the refs intention.

2 Likes

Introduce 2 refs? More competent umpires? The umpires who got Keane sent off were atrocious yesterday. Awarded 2 65s that weren’t and gave Kelly’s free that Hawkeye showed to be a foot wide.

GAA players dive in a much more embarassing way than soccer players these days imo.

I think it’s simply a by product of the rule.

It’s plagued soccer for years but there’s nothing you can really do about it unless you make it subjective again.

You won’t win a penalty in soccer unless you hit the deck.

Nothing wrong with a dive here and there. Lads need to grow up. Once Limerick brought it into the game, all bets were off.

Shameful carryon. Those who stood around and did nothing are as bad. Buff should not be touched. The Limerick fellas started this and were made into great lads for it.

Be some craic if Cork bate Waterford next week

Aye, and it would be some Craic if Laois beat Galway.

Safe to say there’s fuck all chance of either happening

Two wins for Tipp and they are right back in it.

1 Like

There’s no points on that table, shambolic

I think Waterford will go for the jugular early v Cork in Walsh Park, think they could well blow them out of it and rightly rub it in.

Cork will then make a raft of changes for Tipo and express themselves and win comfortably once the pressure is off

1 Like

The last round between cork and Tipp could see a record attendance

Waterford -3 :grimacing:

Record low