Munster hurling final 2019

Sheedy is a winner & doesnā€™t do shadow boxing.

Ye Limerick lads get fierce upset at mentors showing emotion. Does it bother yer players? Make them miss sideline cuts?

Only winding, TBH weā€™re no great shakes ATM

Iā€™d say two of the big three will be in the All Ireland final in August mate

Sheedy is working miracles keeping that shower out of the district courts. He deserves credit for that in fairness.

3 Likes

Peter Casey was done when lads realised not to run into the back of him to give him soft frees.

I think the lads need to take their Court jokes to pm.

:+1:hope youā€™re including us :joy:

I think everybody accepts limerick didnā€™t care last Sunday but do limerick fans actually think that was tipp at 100 percent? Iā€™d say tipp didnā€™t care too much either and were at probably 70 as well. I thought only 2 or 3 times tipp went through the gears. Literally for tipp that was a total dead rubber. It was a training session. They had nothing to gain. They will want to win Munster now and I suspect will be a different animal come Sunday week.

Iā€™d say from both teams point of view, itā€™s consigned to history now and neither Tipp nor Limerick will be using much analysis of it to work on their game plan for the Munster final.

Iā€™d say since the evening of the clare game tipp will have known they were 3 wins away from an all Ireland and planned accordingly. Sheedy will want to go the shortest route. I think Bonnar and Barret being out swings it massively in limericks favour but limerick be facing a total different animal Sunday week. It seems people assume tipp were flat to the boards last week. They were in their fuck.

1 Like

Oh you be sure that both teams will be completely different animals on Sunday. Both with different kinds of pressure on them now. As you say it is obvious from the start that they wanted to take the shortest route, win Munster and a four week break to regroup.A defeat in the Munster final and with the two injuries could see the wheels fall off quickly. Also if they were to lose, Iā€™m not sure where the game against Dublin would be. Surely Dublin wouldnā€™t concede to Thurles.
For Limerick, I donā€™t know whether or not a Munster final was high up on their priority list. The size of the window against Clare all but ensured progress from the group. Maybe a little complacency set in and everyone assumed Cork would beat Clare.
They now find themselves in a Munster final at home which was sold out by Tuesday. That in itself has brought added if not unexpected pressure. Even if the game was on in Cork, the weight of expectation might not have been as big. There is also the fact that no Munster team has held the All Ireland, league and Munster titles since 2001.
So yes there is both pressure and an incentive (albeit for different reasons ) for both teams to go full tilt

1 Like

Itā€™s about time the hurling quarter finals were held in Leinster. Kilkenny v Cork in Nowlan Park would be something special.

1 Like

Wrong thread

Dublin v Limerick in Portlaoise surely

Wexford Park ?

That would be brilliant .

Limerick have a mixed enough record against Dublin in Thurles

True .

From 2009 to 2016 Dublin and ourselves we real rivals . Games were tight and went both ways .

Are the 1/4 finals two stand alone fixtures or are they down for a double header?