Munster Rugby - We DID start the fire (Part 1)

A legend for Barnet FC

he scored a rake of goals there allright.
i think he was originally at peterboro before Dat Polan ( ask @Rocko new lads) brought him back to link up with kevin doyle… they had some team in 2004/5… they beat NEC Nimejen and Malmo in the intertoto cup at one stage

I dont know what he’s at. Tomo is a personal trainer. A fucking good one.

I’ve seen his brother train and you can’t do what he does I’ve you’re smoking

this was 15 years ago

Even if he was I’m not sure what the addition that johnno had a pint and fag added to your ramble

These young lads are miles ahead of the internationals. Murray standar and POM shouldnt get a look in going on form when they come back. But they will all start and munster will be knocked out of Europe due to constant box kicking, jj not hitting a ciws arse with a banjo and POM giving away 4 or 5 penalties and a yellow card

it was a lovely anectdote and added some nice perspective to the sense of reckless abandon and joie de vivre of the time- i just wanted to give young @BruidheanChaorthainn an insight to the going of those heady days and I’m sure if he was around he would have been an outstanding companion on such a session… they were cracking times- many people had no respect for the value of money at the time, it was remarkable. You earned it , by god did you spend it- fearlessly as you knew every second thursday there was a lump coming in…Olly Byrne was blowing cash, donkeys like Denis Behan was on bonuses for scoring, George O Callaghan was re inventing Corkness

anyway, explaining, loosing…etc

1 Like

Would you be familiar with john Flynn’s auld lad?

no but he had an uncle who was a milkman who used to clear gates like Colin Jackson when he was on the milk round

1 Like

Hardy men

the glory days off 2004 to 2007, you would have racing on from midday, untill 10 o clock at night on a Saturday. Around 12 to14 meetings, total degenerates

1 Like

Serious talent. On form, has a lot more in his locker than Hodnett. Had this kid down as potential Munster Captain since Senior Cup

Cracking player for UCC over last 2 years

Silky hands and quick feet. Hopefully injuries don’t curtail his career. already had to contend with one serious one.

There are some serious back row options for munster now. Hopefully they can all avoid injuries and push on

Could do with some creativity in the centres.

Jack O’Sullivan and Craig Casey are going to be stars.

is fineen wycherly still lining out for the brave and faithful?

Good banter amongst the ex Munster lads at Racing

2 Likes