Munster Rugby - We DID start the fire (Part 1)

Thats exactly why most stay. The commercial earnings during your career also far higher than you would pick up in France or England where you are, as you said, a small fish.

Plus for additional 300k a year are you shortening your career by playing 40 extra games over the 3 years of the contract. If you got an extra year or two out of career at home due to less wear and tear then it covers the opportunity cost

Dozens of factors go into the decision making on these outside of the wage offered.

Definitely an element of that in it. But its about same as what Victor Vito is getting from la rochelle. Vito is 3 years older than Stander. Iv no doubt his offers are in this ballpark

He was never going to leave.

Growing up in the backstreets of Pretoria it was always his dream to play out in Ballynanty and down in Irish Independent Park.

1 Like

Tough times for you tough times

1 Like

Despite the many millions Oirish professional association football players made in the last 20 years only one has decided by choice to come back and be a servant to domestic Irish football.

They’ll all be there to pick up their Spar sponsorship deals or Second Captains jolly ups though.

Roy Keane decided to spend his 6 month retirement tour limping around foggy griefholes in the north of the UK rather than come home and give something more to Irish association football.

Bravo CJ, turning all that money down when playing a far riskier sport and one with far less earning potential. Irish rugby football players are proud of not just representing Ireland but building domestic rugby football here.

2 Likes

??

Jaysus you have a way with words Tim. Inspirational stuff

You don’t want my stats on this bro.

there has been more than 1 mate

Does Liam Miller know this?
Does Gareth Farrelly know this?
Does George O’Callaghan know this?
Does Colin Healy know this?

And they are only Cork lads off the top of my head.

Bennett
Elliot

etc etc

All kicked out of English football for being shit. Note the word choice there.

1 Like

there is football outside England mate

Healy was signed by Ipswich town after a spell back in Cork mate. Doesn’t exactly follow your narrative

1 Like

The lad who was cut by Barnsley after a few months and was a free agent you mean? FFS sakes. :joy:

Fair play to himself and Cork for getting back fit, but as he admitted himself he was off the level required when he went back.

Who are those fellows I honestly never heard of them.

McPhail
Fahey etc

1 Like

I’ll give you McPhail.

Fahey is completely different.

why?

You know it pal!