Munster Rugby - We DID start the fire (Part 1)

Murray wouldn’t hurl spuds to ducks

1 Like

Sweetnam? or whatever his name is … few other very good young hurlers in Limerick went down rubby route also … plenty chose hurling over rubby also

Ah lovely.

Nothing about the match itself and merely a diversionary attack on the man of the match who walked all over CJ, “Pete”, Tyler and all the rest of those Munster legends.

Virtue signaling at its worst there. Thank God it’s over for another year now.

5 Likes

whilst i didnt initially agree with shooting a member of the IRFU at the time ( as in say @Funtime would with say Mullaghmore or the RNLI) it was a personification of how strong people felt about the pestilence that is muntser rugby with the grassroots in Limerick
at least with leinster you just get franno and eejits drinking heinekin , the self righteousness of this munster thing is vile

2 Likes

We were only talking about the stags last evening in the car. Terms such as self-righteous were used but we settled on the simple “social-climbers” to describe the majority of the “fans”

5 Likes

as an aside tho @Sidney why was the game played in as obscure a venue as Highfield Road that is home to a floundering League1 side
im assuming Saracens are London based so for home advantage it dosent seem to add up
If Saracenas home ground was deemed too small then would Twickenham would have been a suitable alternative but i suppose the 15k attendance wouldnt have looked too good in there,
Brisbane Road that is used for RL or maybe Shelhurst Park were options?

has the hype with this thing gone?
15k seems paltry for a game of such magnitude and there seemed to be lots of empty space in Aviva also yesterday for what should have been a marquee social occasion
there seemed to be very little hype or build up last week in the media also …has a poor 5 nations had such an effect or have people just lost interest?

I did a lot of driving this weekend, covering tipperary, cork city, limerick city and many points in between.

Despite the stags being down to play on saturday there were very few flags out. I noted just a handful of houses with flags up and very few pubs which was a departure from earlier years.

You are correct in saying that there was little to no hype during the week. The munster bandwagon has shed a lot of supporters in the past couple of years. I think that the previous “fans” dont identify with the players and management quite so much any more and the recent failures of schmidt and co have knocked confidence. It is only 6 months since a fine win over the all-blacks but the optimism has not survived.

1 Like

Im not sure, but I think for some reason the competition wouldn’t allow the home country team to play at home.

Is limerick big enough for two bandwagons?

How did Galway manage theirs?

Easily.

The stags bandwagon took in clare, tipp, cork and kerry. Each of these have also drifted away.

How many times do we have to point out that Munster is a province … The CEO even came out and said there is very little support for Munster in Limerick and that they needed a motorway to Cork to get fans up.

1 Like

City/County split by and large. The connacht bandwagon gets swelled by County folk, but is largely city based. The hurling bandwagon, which in my honest opinion is the worst out there, is caused by the vast and dramatic increase in hurling based expertise that an appearance in an all Ireland final magically brings forth in the city. I absolutely hate it tbh.

1 Like

Love all this bitterness towards Munster :joy::joy:. All the culchies up in the bog hole of Connacht wondering how many times Munster have lost a semi final, how many times have Connacht even gotten out of their group? None? Interesting. Let’s see ye all get out of the Challenge Cup first to be allowed in the same convo as Leinster and Munster​:blush:

1 Like

Log back in under your other account…

2 Likes

“convo” :grinning:

8 Likes

Is it true Bungee aki also liked that post on Facebook? will the Munster boo boys be out to get him?

2 Likes

Ewan and the lads on here think it’s gas catching a couple of Munster fans raging. It was a novel trolling approach 10 years ago, most Munster fans have stopped their delusional talk about themselves. This thread is mostly the same lads taking swipes over and over and Ewan lifting that material onto Twitter.

5 Likes

The bandwagonners in limerick moved to the hurling last year, this is no surprise, it’s how bandwagons operate.

1 Like

Munsters sectarianism and hooliganism should be challenged

1 Like