Munster Rugby - We DID start the fire (Part 1)

Is alby gone now? Casey should be getting nick mcccarthys minutes.

1 Like

Agreed heā€™s a terrier and could be anything

2 Likes

Gone in a few weeks. Agreed re Casey. Hes miles better than McCarthy

Munster have way too many numbers in their squad. Too many players who arenā€™t good enough and have no potential to improve. We need to cull these and give the young lads a chance. Nick McCarthy is a good example.

1 Like

Heā€™ll be a good foil to Murray too. A contrast in styles.

We will need Nick in case Casey or Murray gets injured though. Heā€™s easily our third best option with Duncan still there

I agree with you there and especially re Haley heā€™s a nothing player goes into contact far too easily Daly or Conway full back should be the options

Duncan is gone I believe?

Duncan is gone.

How would he know where to get these?

I get ya, sometimes its great to see a good full blooded junior B hurling match, though I wouldnā€™t be paying top dollar for the privilege

Not that many with no chance to improve. McCarthy is an odd example to use IMO. He is 24 and has started less than 20 games. He has massive scope to improveā€¦whether he will or not is a different question.

We offloaded two scrum halves in the summer who 100% were not going to improve

They did a huge clear out over last few seasons. Outside of internationals now the squad has a heap of young fellas with limited game time

They got rid of O Callaghan, Hart, Williams, keatley, stephen fitzgerald (he will fly at connacht IMO) , sherry, Taute, bill Johnstonā€¦prob few more I am forgettingā€¦ronan o mahony retired as well before end of seasonā€¦thats nearly a quarter of squad.

Mathewson and Holloway due to leave by end of Nov when the WC players are back.

There are a good few fellas in that list who spent a lot of time injured. Someone took a ruthless look at it and did a cull.

1 Like

Was bill johnston not highly rated?

If theyā€™re good enough theyā€™ll be irish enough presently.

He was but heā€™d a lot of injuries and given Munster has carbery ulster were always going to get a few gifts from the irfu.

He was but couldnā€™t stay fit

@gilgamboa So does the fact that Rassie, Felix etc have now won a World Cup despite being unable to achieve success at Munster reveal that ultimately the playing squad there isnā€™t up to the highest level?

Not trying to stir, but it seemed in recent years any ire from fans turned on coaches way before the players were questioned

2 Likes

Munster have been overachieving to be getting to Heineken cup semi finals.

The way they treated Axel when he was coach was disgusting

2 Likes

Look at the results before razzy came in. Awful. He fixed a broken team. Got them incredibly fit and weā€™d a brilliant defense. That was it though. When we meet sarries in the semi final we simply didnā€™t have the bulk to beat them with razzies style of play.