Munster Rugby - We DID start the fire (Part 1)

Encouraging start to the season Daly and Nash deserve a decent run in the team

1 Like

I’m hearing really good things about Bernie.

Munster developing their game this season, looked to offload at pace tonight?

1 Like

Yeah. Larkham influence seems obvious so far. Will def be looking to play higher tempo than last few seasons. Story will be told in April and May though

1 Like

Hopefully look less attritional this season and seem intent in moving the ball away from contact

Am, are these just all the sweepings of the floor playing against each other with all the ‘quality’ players from all sides on their World Cup holidays?

1 Like

In a sense yes but hopefully you would see lads getting chances and being hard to dislodge when the so called stars return

3 Likes

Yeah seems that way
Lot more footwork and late tip passes before contact

1 Like

It’s all down to Bernie. How was jj tonight.

Still enjoyable viewing regardless of relative quality. Id say a lot of players coming back from RWC will be on light duty for the foreseeable

All the English players are gteed a minimum month off

1 Like

V good. Got MOTM. Really attacked the line

He was excellent really attacked the soft shoulders and set up a lot of line breaks

I really hope we give him a run. Him and jj could be a lovely link up. Chris Farrell can play at twelve too. I know @gilgamboa is a fan of Rory scannell but I don’t think he’s improving. He’s a nice play but we surely can do better. Haley also isn’t good enough either. Our front row is good.

Larkham is absolutely raving about rory Scannell. Backline will be built around him this season. He will force his way into the Irish squad yet. He is same age as Ringrose and younger than all other centres at WC…

1 Like

He looked very good off the bench tonight

1 Like

I just don’t see it but I hope you are right.

This is one of the most exciting, young squads in ages. Lots involved in the Irish U20 GS squad, where our contribution in recent years has been very poor. Casey, Hodnett, Nash, Ben Healy, Tynan all very promising plus a good few more

Hopefully the irfu don’t fire a load of project players in

Great to have options we seem to have a squad depth that we haven’t seen in a long time. It will be needed before the season is out

3 Likes

6/23 tonight were not irish …2 of those will be gone by end of yr.