Munster Rugby - We DID start the fire (Part 1)

Not wrong though am I?

Munster are a professional sports team that haven’t won anything in years and have signed 2 world cup winners, one of which is one of the best centres in the world. That’s the long and the short of it, kid.

2 Likes

I suppose beggars can’t be choosers. My point is it does little to address the weakest areas of the team.

Which is?

Where did I say anything about next season when de allende is joining?

1 Like

Ehhhhhhhh another fella who dives in without reading

1 Like

It will free up Beirne to play in the back row.

So they’ll build a backline around a fella for a few months and then built a back line around a different fella next year? What will happen the fella they build the backline around this year?

So they dont build a backline around anyone this seasons coz there is a better player coming next year? Stay in your lane sham

I’d say the pack. A hooker or back row that can make a big impact would be top of the list. Another top quality outside back too. A tighthead would be good too but there’s not many top end ones of them around.

I think Scannell will play alongside de Allende. He is a far better footballer than Farrell

Maybe build it around someone who’ll be around for longer than a season pal.

You’re very quick to write off rory scannell

I really like Niall Scannell. I think he’ll have a big season. I think there’s some seriously promising back rows in the squad so I’m happy enough. Howlett is probably the last world class player Munster signed. I think it’s a really good signing.

1 Like

Im not writing him off. You’re saying they’ll build a team around him this year and move him or reduce his role when a better player comes in, in 12 months

Leaving one of them.om the bench is hardly the best use of their limited resources though is it.

Am I? Where did I say that? Scannel has played 13 a few times already this season. No reason de allende and himself wouldn’t play together next season

All I actually said was de allende had been signed…all the other commentary is coming from elsewhere

If you want to be at top end in Europe you need 3 or 4 options in every position. The SA players will likely be back and forth to play for SA through the season.

Chance to sign someone like de allende doesnt come around too often.

Niall Scannel is very good at hooker and 2nd row hasn’t been great since Ryan left so is an area that needed to be strengthened. These are 2 excellent signings.

Kevin O Byrne has gotten good bit of game time since start of season. He has a lot of potential