Munster Rugby - We DID start the fire (Part 1)

That probably means no 1/4 finals for Munster. I thought jj played well but that drop goal was hopeless.

You would have see what sarries priorities are. If Munster beat them in round 3 they might concentrate on not getting relegated in the Premiership. They would be 7/8 points behind racing and Munster at that stage

I think it’s very difficult to beat them away. Also by winning Europe they’d qualify for it again next season.

Tbf he had a fine game, had kicked from hand to touch well, made the tackles he had to, made some fine line breaks & also passed it well.

The Drop goal attempt though, was fucking septic.

A dog with a mallet up his arse would have put that over.

5 Likes

How did the pool go? Some adore it, other literally shit themselves.

Loved it

3 Likes

I saw it on the news there and I literally said to myself “I’d have tapped that over”

1 Like

He got way to close to the posts. He should have gone to about 25 yrds out he would have had all day at it

1 Like

Yep he didn’t need to be standing that close at all. Pity for him being honest.

My favourite part was either “Simon has some waven” in a thick tipp accent by the camera man or what Simon was asking her to call him

If he was further from the posts he would have shanked it even wider

The reason he shanked it was the defenders were getting too close and he rushed his technique. Imo if stands further back he sticks to his routine.

1 Like

I’d say the reason he shanked it is because he is a gibber.

I do think Hanrahan needs to be given more time. Even at 15 maybe. Munster don’t have players with those hands. I think larkham is the best thing to happen Munster in years. I hope he coaches ireland one day. Maybe it’s jumping the gun but even the way jj threw that pass. Last year I don’t think that happens. Joey, jj, earls, Conway is an exciting blend. Scannell and Farrell too.

Disappointed with Munster not winning the game last night. But was very impressed on how they battled back to level the game. The tries they seem to concide are very handy. Mike Haley was excellent, best he has played for Munster. Even though JJ made a dogs dinner of the drop goal I thought he did well. He was clearly targeted as the weak link in the Munster defence as Racing aimed to run at his shoulder. His touchline conversion to level was outstanding. Games against that English crowd will now decide 2nd place in the group.

Another note on the difference in the atmosphere in a half 5 kick off in TP. The last couple of years of 1 o clock kick-offs were a disaster.

Thinly veiled you need to be drunk to watch rugby

3 Likes

I know you love bashing rugby but it’s the same for any sport. Always a big difference 2pm and 4pm Munster championship games in hurling.