Munster Rugby - We DID start the fire (Part 1)

It was interesting reading the article that 22 years ago another Munster rugby player, Tom Tierney, also failed a drug test. Had never heard of this before.

“He tested positive for a banned substance when on duty in France with the Ireland u21s. The enduring memory was the speed with which the shutters came down from all connected to the Munster team.”

“Tierney’s excuse - taking an over-the-counter cold remedy that contained ephedrine - was accepted, and he received no more than a reprimand.”

It’s only those pesky foreigners who are drugs cheats, not the salt of the earth Munster men.

3 Likes

Worth remembering too that former Munster rugby player Frankie Sheehan also had issues with the authorities over a drugs test, back in 2003.

Anyone care to estimate the following?

The chances of two James Cronins being a customer of the same pharmacy.
The chances of two James Cronins not only being a customer in the same pharmacy, but actually needing prescriptions on the same day.
The chances of two James Cronins not only being a customer in the same pharmacy, but actually needing prescriptions on the same day and the chemist mixing them up.
The chances of two James Cronins not only being a customer in the same pharmacy, but actually needing prescriptions on the same day and the chemist mixing them up and James Cronin not noticing (that he got two bottles instead of one).
The chances of two James Cronins not only being a customer in the same pharmacy, but actually needing prescriptions on the same day and the chemist mixing them up and James Cronin not noticing (that he got two bottles instead of one) and the other James Cronins prescription happened to be for performance enhancing drugs. Two types

To cap it all off he was unlucky enough to be drug tested after this unlikely sequence of events.

That’s some bad luck for the chap. I hope it doesn’t hang over him

11 Likes

tenor

It’s hard luck on the chap when you put it like that.

Ragget

It’s just a pity the other James Cronin wasn’t getting arse cream or something. Why did it have to be performance enhancing steroids. It’s a cruel world

2 Likes

And he now a former Irish International manager

Why would they have a problem with drugs ? One of their ex players vouched for a drunk driver .

They don’t sure, they actively seek out and sign drug cheats

He wasnt starting for the racing game so dunno why hed want a steroid for 15 min of rugby . He answered his case . I hope the other james cronin comes out and clears this up as it is the right thing to do . Not nice to leave a lad open to accusations like @Julio_Geordio had throwing up .

Being a right thick cunt seems to be a valid excuse in rugby

1 Like

I haven’t accused him of anything. Just saying he’s been savage unlucky altogether

2 Likes

Munster are the Barcelona* of club rugby.

*without the success

Here’s a helpful little calculation. James Cronin was extremely unlucky, apparently. A 50 billion to one chance of him finding himself in his unfortunate position.

1 Like

I’d say TonydeDub posts here.

Da

Heard a disturbing piece of info today in regards to this

Only seeing this now. The cunt stole my post