Munster Rugby - We DID start the fire (Part 1)

Would “Robin” be a common christian name in Wexford, pal? I doubt there’d be many lads with that name walking around The Stores of a Saturday night.

Robin, Jordi, Isaac and Devin in the Ireland squad next year. :clap:

[QUOTE=“dodgy-keeper, post: 951096, member: 1552”]Would “Robin” be a common christian name in Wexford, pal? I doubt there’d be many lads with that name walking around The Stores of a Saturday night.

Robin, Jordi, Isaac and Devin in the Ireland squad next year. :clap:[/QUOTE]

Not common, mate. But I think the Copelands are the type who’d try to convince you that communion isn’t actually the body and blood of Christ and is instead a mere symbol of it.

Yes he is a Protestant who has no caps for Ireland.

Will he get his game in the Prodeedoo.?

Gerry Thornley might as well decamp over there with the amount of Irish lads following the money to France.

However it’s important to point out they are not doing it for the money, it is merely for a new “cultural experience.”

Sickened we’re loosing him, but delighted that he has obviously got a big offer and if ever there was a player who deserved a big wedge of a contract abroad it’s him.

:eek:

:clap::clap::clap:

I never heard of him until yesterday, he can’t be that good or i’d have seen him in a milk or insurance ad of some sort.

You don’t follow rugby, Mark-why would you expect to have heard him? Unless…:eek:

In fairness he’s been a great player for us. I’ll miss his leadership and the certainty of a good clearance platform off drop outs that landed in his basket.

I heard on the radio last that another player is leaving Munster, as well as your man Coughlan they have released a lad called James Cawlin.

[QUOTE=“dodgy-keeper, post: 959441, member: 1552”]The Brave and Faithful are turning their back on Munster rugby football.

Stick with your team through the bad times, stay loyal? Fuck that.

[LIST=1]
[B][B]
[LIST][*]Munster Rugby chief executive Garrett Fitzgerald has called for a motorway to be built between Cork and Limerick.

Mr Fitzgerald believes the difficulty of getting to games at Thomond Park - particularly for those travelling from the larger population base in Cork, is having a big effect on poor attendance.

Last week, Munster Rugby revealed a €800,000 deficit for the year ending June 30, 2013, and the province is projecting another loss, this time of €600,000, for the current financial year as the Munster Branch AGM was told of a €650,000 drop in season ticket sales as one of the primary contributors to the shortfall.[/LIST][/B][/B]
[/LIST]
[/QUOTE]

:clap::clap::clap:

[QUOTE=“dodgy-keeper, post: 959441, member: 1552”]The Brave and Faithful are turning their back on Munster rugby football.

[B][B][LIST=1]
[*]Munster Rugby chief executive Garrett Fitzgerald has called for a motorway to be built between Cork and Limerick.

Mr Fitzgerald believes the difficulty of getting to games at Thomond Park - particularly for those travelling from the larger population base in Cork, is having a big effect on poor attendance.

Last week, Munster Rugby revealed a €800,000 deficit for the year ending June 30, 2013, and the province is projecting another loss, this time of €600,000, for the current financial year as the Munster Branch AGM was told of a €650,000 drop in season ticket sales as one of the primary contributors to the shortfall.
[/LIST][/B][/B][/QUOTE]
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I’d be in favour of a motorway from Limerick to Cork but if not completing it means the end for Munster rugby football I’d be willing to continue to endure travelling through Charleville, Buttevant et al.

[LIST=1]
[]
[B][B]
[LIST]
[
]Munster Rugby chief executive Garrett Fitzgerald has called for a motorway to be built between Cork and Limerick.

Last week, Munster Rugby revealed a €800,000 deficit for the year ending June 30, 2013, and the province is projecting another loss, this time of €600,000, for the current financial year as the Munster Branch AGM was told of a €650,000 drop in season ticket sales as one of the primary contributors to the shortfall.
[/LIST][/B][/B]
[/LIST]
[/QUOTE]

Is Garrett for real? The so called best supporters in the world can travel to the South of France no problem, but struggle to travel from Cork to Limerick???

Poor attendances have nothing to do with lack of a motorway Garrett, its because most of the people who support Munster are event junkies.

[QUOTE=“RustCohle, post: 959451, member: 2635”]Is Garrett for real? The so called best supporters in the world can travel to the South of France no problem, but struggle to travel from Cork to Limerick???

Poor attendances have nothing to do with lack of a motorway Garrett, its because most of the people who support Munster are event junkies.[/QUOTE]

not to mention the fact that they jizzed all that money and debt into a stadium in one of the tinkeriest parts of Tinkerton.
No amount of motorway is going to make the successful business boys from Cork feel any better about parking their beemers in one of the most ethnically pure parts of Knacker-agua at the tail arse of a recession.

It says it all when Munster pretty much had carte blanche to build as big a stadium as they wanted to cater for the all the rugby fans in the province of Munster (population 1.2m) and they opted to build one with a capacity of 27k, and they still can’t fill it.

[LIST=1]
[]
[B][B]
[LIST]
[
]Munster Rugby chief executive Garrett Fitzgerald has called for a motorway to be built between Cork and Limerick.

[/LIST][/B][/B]
[/LIST]
[/QUOTE]
Yes build a 2 billion euro motorway to bail out a business with an 800,000 euro deficit. That makes sense alright.

Is it not more of a commentary on the abject poverty of our southern province. Limerick. Waterford. Tipp etc …