Munster Rugby - We DID start the fire (Part 1)

Some dawk at @Bandage @Mac @Gman @Fran @padjo @Fitzy

Ooooft

2 Likes

Iā€™d say weā€™d have to follow rubby first to even consider buying a Munster jersey.

Although heā€™s not wrong, plenty outside Dublin would have had more connection with the dockers and labourers of the Munster set up rather than the posh school leinster team. Then leinster started winning and they realised they were all posh school cunts so changed over.

3 Likes

Murray Kinsella mentioning Munster were originally in for Max Deegan, who wanted to stay put, to replace Stander, before targeting the Saffers.

1 Like

Great article. Dā€™Arcy went for the jugular too. The 16th man army taking heads will be seething on twitter at that. I stand with Gordon I also hate munster

2 Likes

It was a good article. Little petty calling out the spending that Munster have done though on coaches considering they have Lancaster, contepomi and Robin mcbryde as well as Cullen in their set upā€¦ Not like that is coming cheapā€¦ Also have the Irish u20 coach running their academy

Fineen Wycherley. :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Lancaster is the brains there, but they got the balance right blooding young players. Bar Lowe who is now an Irish international (Despite my opinion) I canā€™t think of any NIQ signings of any significance they have made in last 5 years. Meanwhile munster have brought in journeymen preventing development of players, whether they were up to the level or not.

I would still have confidence in the coaches, I canā€™t see anyone better actually taking the Muns job. Its great to have a private investor pump money into the organisation, but for a 1 cap second row is bananas. Iā€™m surprised the IRFU didnā€™t step in. That money would be better spent in youth and academy. It pays back in 6 or 7 years with patience.

1 Like

Fardy, JGP the only two others really

Joe Tomane

1 Like

True JGP is IQ and capped now. Whoā€™s putting the money up for de allande and RGS? Between the 3 saffers there must be the bones of a million in wages

There is a private investor supporting their wages I think

Is it Pat Chesser?

I dunno looks great on paper but Munster put all YDOs and admin on PUP before Christmas as they couldnā€™t afford the wages. I recall Liverpool and spurs got an awful pasting for attempting the same. More investment in YDOs, developing more schools to play in the A schools competition (thatā€™s the way they want to go with youths) would be a better investment. Leinster played the long game and built on success

3 Likes

Wouldnā€™t disagree with thatā€¦but doesnā€™t change the point they also spent a fortune on the wayā€¦ Not like they have a cheap coaching ticket either

Iā€™d say you are about ā‚¬250k short with your guess of ā‚¬1m for the 3 South Africans. Their first choice SA this time was offered ā‚¬600k sure if reports are to be believed.
Obviously very unlucky with Snymans injury, but I read De Allende has 1 try scored and he nearly half way through his stint in Ireland. No matter what the sport, once a team gets a reputation as being a handy option to build the retirement fund its hard to shake that off.

1 Like

Thatā€™s some kick in the balls ā€¦ The Leinster lads now root for plucky little Munster :smiley:. Worse than pity.

MIA of late. Big wraps but fallen off.

Penney even being played at 8 few times late this season. Was even asked to convert to hooker as they try and find somewhere to get him on the pitch. Him being lad voted next gen player of tournament:

Yeah but he is one of the highest paid players in the worldā€¦ Id say the lad coming instead is getting half that

Heā€™s played to his potential once, against Clermont. Been very poor otherwise

Yeah Iā€™d say you are right about that, but the 2 there already are getting half a million each Iā€™m sure.