Munster Rugby - We DID start the fire (Part 1)

Explaining

Losing

quote=ā€œgilgamboa, post:3391, topic:25193ā€]
defensive side in the league. A cracker.

Also delighted for Jerry Flannery who is a key part of the coaching set up. A brilliant coach who Munster didnā€™t value properly when they had him
[/quote]

Didnt want to take away from @gilgamboa post so brought up here.

But does anyone else see a pattern? Ex players/coaches are going abroad and are very successful

Yeah. Both Nigel Carolan and noel McNamara gone overseas as well in the last few weeks. Some incredible coaching talent in the country that needs to be trusted.

tbf with ROG and Prendie they have learned their trade fully away from Ireland really so fair enough. But McNamara and Carolan are massively highly rated here so v disappointing we couldnā€™t find a role for them. Either would surely be a better option than Catt for example.

Hopefully this is just a generational thing, when they start coming home hopefully in next few seasons we will have a of wave Irish lads coming back in as top class coaches and thay will be the end of the overseas crutch

I donā€™t think itā€™s a bad thing tbh. Good to experience different cultures.

1 Like

It isnā€™t as long as you capitalise on it. Munster paying a fortune for overseas coaches now though and after short changing Flannery and Felix Jones

Youā€™d like to think there is a plan to bring ROG, Prendergast etc home but I am not sure. Nucifora will be gone soon enough. That will be the most important appointment to be made in this decade

1 Like

The backline was very one dimensional under Jones and replacing him with Larkham was viewed as a move to take Munster to the next level. The pack were competitive under Flannery but lacked power in the big games which is still the case. Thereā€™s only so much coaches can do though, youā€™re going to be found out at the top level with a few honest triers like Archer, Ryan, Scannell, Holland etc and, as Leinster are finding now, the lack of a few 20st Pacific Islanders to bludgeon.

Great to see him back. Hope he continues where he left off

1 Like

Heā€™ll come back with experience in the Top Quatorze and ready to deliver X factor.

2 Likes

Battle for bragging rights in Limerick.

1 Like

Munsters should hockey us, bit of a rabble presently

I see Shane airy was playing junior rugby for newcastlewest when last there was games. Was he not a cookie? Surely he is way better than junior rubby

Poor match and tbf we werenā€™t at our best. None the less itā€™s a senior Cup trophy we will take that with only 3 nil wins

Cash money.

1 Like

After 50 seconds in it looks like David kilcoyne

Thatā€™s him alright. This reminds me of the famous LIT Rag Week racing day clip of people falling down the hill drunk.

That was the Kinsale Sevens.

Long story, but I was there the same day.

1 Like

Was this the height of the rubby bandwagon in Limerick I wonder?

Definitely one for the people who look slow thread. 50 seconds in, did he grab the wrong gear bag when getting changed and took the token womenā€™s clothes instead?