Munster Rugby - We DID start the fire (Part 1)

Wouldnt have thought so but who knows. Could he do both for a few years, nĆ³ IMO. But Iā€™d say rowntree will stay (cc @LionelRitchie) so some continuity in forwards

Heā€™s said international suits better than club due to time commitments. He seems to have made a massive immediate impact with Ireland though, Munster would be mad not to try get him.

1 Like

Irfu will see it as robbing Peter to pay Paul

Iā€™m as big a fan of Paulie as anyone but think thereā€™s a fair bit of bias in our evaluation of his impact. Heā€™s primarly focussed on lineout but all the forward improvements appear to be creditted to him.

Easterby and Farrell get no mention

Iā€™m no expert but Iā€™d say thatā€™s because the forwards and lineouts were shit under Farrell and easterby and immediately improved when oā€™connell arrived.

Peter Oā€™Mahony?

And itā€™s fairly clear what theyā€™d see as their priority. Iā€™d say heā€™d be absolutely sick to say no to Munster though, I think his head could be turned.

1 Like

Ireland job is a handier number for him Iā€™d say for now. Coaching the Leinster pack essentially

Messiah-like

The template for the win over NZ was all POC. Forward play off 9 and 10 and identification of where to expose the defence. Speed at ruck time too

Two lads must cede to his seniority so?

Look at the change before and after he comes in. From speaking to guys who have worked with him these care areas he is very particular about and works on. Speed of ruck and isolation of defenders to create the gap off 9 and 10. Gap opens runners go through, defence squeeze in to cover runners rip it wide

1 Like

He was also given a role with the Munster academy coaching and didnā€™t last long at it One swallow does not a Summer make.

If we look at whatā€™s the admire about Oā€™Gara and prendy and flannery itā€™s that theyā€™ve left the setup, gone away and learned and potentially coming back with that learning.

Paul is still earning stripes in a coaching capacity. Heā€™s an incredibly fast learner (I sat beside him.in biology class!) but personally think the national setup is the perfect ground for him presently and adds great value to that setup. Suit better than daily grind of provincial I think right now for both parties, Munster and Paul.

Donā€™t get me wrong, I wouldnā€™t be one bit disappointed him being taken on. But just think timing could be better. Seat will be there for him in the future, thereā€™s no doubt of that

1 Like

Iā€™d like them to put me in charge.

2 Likes

Youā€™re a gamble

Supposedly Rowntree is settled in Limerick and AFAIK still under contract. So youā€™d be looking for a JVG and Larkham replacement. A senior facilitator type and a hands on coach. Get EOS back in the game.

Need someone who can get the ducks in a row. Remember you canā€™t un ring a bell. EoS the man for surešŸ™ƒ

1 Like

Mattie
Williams

4 Likes

EOS director of rugby, Heaslip Head Coach. Dream team

4 Likes

I wonder will larkham stay now.