Munster Rugby - We DID start the fire (Part 1)

Wonder if the mystery benefactor is stumping up the money.

Yeā€™d want to be getting a serious reduction of pay for Synam. A sicknote of a man.

1 Like

No I wouldnā€™t which is why Iā€™d not have offered him a renewal either. 2 knee recons and rehabs already paid for, enough sunk into him

DeAllende no shortage of suitors and think hell be off

My tuppence on RGs new deal, it was a waste of money signing him and DDA in the first place, a disgusting amount. DdA has performed well saying that. The money is coming from a private backer but if they really cared they would invest in grassroots and produce the future and sustained talent. Where else have we seen this?

Its munsters form in the pro era to sign injured international superstars Cullen and Lima are prime examples. RG has more game time than one of them all things said.

Theres no lack of talent in this position either

1 Like

Fekitoa supposedly coming in as a centre, where there is positional need. That said, front row is the real weakness unless Wycherley, Knox, Salanoa pan out.

There is a gap at centre in the squad, Iā€™ll accept that even looking at the academy at whos in there no real stand outs.

Knox will come through and will get capped for ireland still only 22 if Iā€™m correct. Wycherly is only 21/22 also but a bit greener. He needs to start pushing on but a good prospect and still young I relative terms for LH. Iā€™m not impressed with Salanoa at all, a lot of hype around him due to coming over from American football but Iā€™m yet to see him scrummage well and heā€™s injured more often that not it appears.

Munster have great depth in second row, back row and back 3. Casey is nearly at the point of pushing Murray out (Iā€™d play him ahead of Murray any day). Thereā€™s good prospects at 10 but crowley or healy really need to nail their spot and push Joey for the starting spot when all are fit. Centres there is a gap if there is an injury. JVG going is a massive plus also the game plan is dog shit.

I will cite the wasps game when munster end up potless and beating in semis later in the year as to why the young fellas should be playing ahead of the expirenced Internationals.

2 Likes

Thought Keith Wood made a good point there the other day, they need to play faster, move the ball quicker. In the context of Europe, they are not a big side physically.

1 Like

Hes correct, they are very slow but also dont give themselves many options. Itā€™s very easy to read which is a factor of the speed of the rucks. Of you look at ireland and leinster have a similar set up but there is always 3 or 4 options off 9 at ruck time and 2 or 3 options off 10 if the ball goes straight to 10.

You can see of they are going to carry off 9 and whoā€™s getting the ball. Easy for the defence to line him up. Similarly when ots going to 10 the pod running off 9 are not showing for the ball and providing a dummy line (with animation).

1 Like

Lot of clubs using ped drugs not the Munster way .

1 Like

Both are very very good but few years shy yet of HC standard

He was brought over by a cookie, Wesley Liddy. Wes from Greenfields and worked/works with Eddie Oā€™Sullivan in scouting and placing the islanders from that pocket in Hawaii

True that but heā€™s here what 4 years? Between leinster and munster and hasnā€™t pushed on.

The 2 boys are shy of HC experience but itā€™s the same ole story with munster really not blooding young fellas.

Spot on. And you can see VGā€™s solution has been to sign more big ball carrier type lads, DDA, snyman, that Jenkins plodder.

1 Like

I donā€™t see the islander making the cut at all.

Knox I think is outstanding. Have seen him in action turning lads inside out. Maintains his progression, heā€™ll be a fucking beast

Before kilcoyne, who was the last Limerickman to debut for Munster in the forwards?

I agree heā€™s a big fucker and a good lad too. Would be good to see him get a good run of games starting

Not sure now that you say it. Probably have to go back to the late 00s to find a fella who would have been a regular in the team

Didnā€™t the academy players beat wasps there a few weeks ago few Limerick lads on That team

1 Like

Jeez thatā€™s an absolute belter of a question

Mike Sherry?

Damien Varley?