Munster Rugby - We DID start the fire (Part 1)

Clare man

Okeke was the only limerick academy player in the squad. There were a good few players from Limerick clubs Campbell (cork) o Connor (Waterford) moloney coughlan and butler (all Clare)

1 Like

Diarmuid dee

Never played senior for munster

I’d say Sherry is a good shout. I’m not absolutely certain where Duncan Casey is from I think he is a Limerick man fairly sure he came through the ranks at Shannon and glenstal. He is prob slightly more recent than Sherry.

Ger slattery also played a few games

Fair slim pickings

2 Likes

Did Ger get a run out with the seniors? When was that?

Scared a couple of trys vs connacht I say 2013 or 2014 ish

3 Likes

Jake Flannery into the squad but dont think hes up to it. Liability in defence and takes a lot of wrong options with ball in hand. Too often makes rookie mistakes like missing touch off a penalty, too frequent. Perhaps playing at FB addresses or hides him from these.

Nice kid and love his instinct to attack but have doubts him making it at this level. Love to be proven wrong as he is a smashing kid, very impressive young man.

Looked him up there. Well if he doesn’t make it with Munster, a job in Nasa may await. Looks to be a very intelligent lad

Yeah, top marks in his leaving, comes from a lovely family and seems to have a cheerful disposition. No fear of him one way or the other

For a man as intelligent as he is, he makes some serious brain farts on the pitch tho!

Presume Ben Healy is injured?

Must be. Crowley at 10 with Flannery cover for FB/OH on the bench

That’s a fairly lightweight looking team. Are castres any use?

Castre probably don’t care at this stage they are out and will concentrate on top 14

Mediocre front row and centres, rookie outhalf, no natural openside. Not great.

Bar at OH munster are back to type. No Campbell is a very poor selection. Plus side is he probably will be playing in Greenfields on Saturday

1 Like

Zebo dropped?

Shane Daly is much better than Haley. JVG is an incredibly conservative selector.

1 Like

Seemingly. He was exonerated from the red card last week so was available for selection.

Further to the point myself @LionelRitchie were discussing last night the likes of knox should be giving a chance in games like this. Castre have form with putting out very weak teams when they know they have little chance of qualifying in the Heineken Cup. Didn’t leonster give them an awful hiding a few years ago?

1 Like