Munster Rugby - We DID start the fire (Part 1)

It’s improved this year with the SA sides and will be grand going forward.

I don’t like the structure but it’s better to have the strongest SA sides than just the Italians or the Italians and weaker SA teams as it has been for several seasons. There’s going to be some serious playoff games with the SA sides in time which will be good for general interest. It’s really been Leinster and everyone else for a few years.

Munster have a group of incredible young players. They’ve an idiot/spoofer in charge.

With the correct management team in place the glory years are just around the corner.

Munster always had great potential players that were never pushed along, not just by this management but consistent poor management of players. Saying that the current bunch of young players are far better than what has come before and are better than the standard internationals. The issue lies in does a new coach have the balls to drop the big names for the younger guys. Casey vs murray is case and point. Murray came after stringer, not fully based on ability but the evolution in the game. Murray was a game changer but the sport has moved on and casey is a great fit for the way its gone. In 4 or 5 years if he doesnt change it’ll be another young fella. Plenty of other examples

Carberry and POM out

Mike Haley; Keith Earls, Chris Farrell, Damian de Allende, Simon Zebo; Ben Healy, Conor Murray; Jeremy Loughman, Niall Scannell, Stephen Archer; Jean Kleyn, Fineen Wycherley; Jack O’Donoghue (C), John Hodnett, Alex Kendellen.

That’s a mobile backrow but you’d fear our pack may be a bit lightweight tho.

Fruit Pastilles seems to be getting an uneasy response from munster rubby diehards I know. He surely can’t be worse than Van Graan though?

The fact it took them four months to announce Rowntree surely shows he wasn’t the preferred candidate and they couldn’t get anyone they wanted. Surely would have been better to announce him even a couple of weeks ago, would have provided a bit of fresh energy instead of leaving VG limping on like a lame duck.

What’s Deccie Kidney up to these days?

London Irish

Seems it was well known for months but who else was being involved caused the delay.

That doesn’t explain the delay announcing rowntree at all.

Of course it does unless you want to be intentionally stupid…

He is replacing larkham in reality as the head coach. Van graan had taken a step back from the role in recent times or was meant to anyway.

If he was their guy they should have announced it. What are your reasons for not announcing it? It was entirely counterproductive to delay announcing it.

Yeah when BT cut to the dressing room on Saturday it was Rowntree giving the team talk rather than Van Graan. A complete change may have been better.

Doesn’t surprise me but the younger players like rowntree. Larkham is a fraud. Van graan is very South African too.

Irfu made a balls off it anyway. Giving Murray a new deal doesn’t look good now for Munster in the long run and Andy Farrell will ensure he’s continually selected as well up till the World Cup.

In a bizarre twist the five or six Munster based players aside fwho are closest to the Irish 23 are all the oldest or injury prone.

Hard to see how any manager will be allowed drop carberry, Murray, Conway, earls or Pom next season with the World Cup so close….

I’ve heard Leamy coming back

1 Like

He was on Alan Quinlans podcast a few weeks ago and had just interviewed for the position and had heard nothing back.

Unless he is lying you are

It wasn’t me who put up on here he’d the job got in early January and they were proven correct.

The delay was with who would be over him.

Bernard jackman had it too for a good while.