Munster Rugby - We DID start the fire (Part 2)

Delighted for Rowntree

True but this board was gushing in 2016 when Ireland beat Italy B. You can only play what is in front of you and Munster played their hand well.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be annointing him yet but good to have a bit of hope with a ten anyway

It’s huge for Munster. The confidence that’ll bring is unmeasurable.

1 Like

Munster were missing plenty too. Munster were around 4/1 to win.

It shows how bad a state rugby is in across Ireland outside Dublin if these are the crumbs to be celebrated.

Yea true but Leinster were absolutely down to their second team.

That said I think Munster would have put in a similar shift vs. the main team and could have won. Munster have been building and the performances in South Africa were the most impressive wins by a Munster team in a decade plus. They are on the up and it is great to see.

1 Like

I can understand how an ulster supporter can’t relate to a team celebrating making a competition final.

2 Likes

The big thing was the manner of victory. Over the few years Munster would have folded after the try before half time and Leinster would win easy.

They just barely stayed in the game but these results and rearguard type performances that give great confidence to a team.

1 Like

Calm down there Joe.

Very astute Tim

It’s a disaster alright to see younger players like John hodnett and Gavin Coombes mixing with world player of the year josh van der flier and six nations star jack Conan alright.

2 Likes

Do you mean encumbent Lions test no 8 jack Conan ?

2 Likes

It’s a huge win for the management team as well who all seem like alright sorts.

2 Likes

Leamy’s influence on the defensive structures really starting to show. They were excellent today in defense

1 Like

Yep fully agree. He seemed incredibly highly regarded in Leinster.

There’s a toughness to Munster we haven’t seen in a while.

2 Likes

Munster went toe to toe today and faced up to Leinster. It was a cracker of a game from both sides. Some battle in the trenches.

2 Likes

What an odd take. I hope they brought their autograph books for the day out as well. Pity Caelan Doris was told to stay home and put his feet up so he can be ready for the big games, Coombes could have got a selfie with his younger opponent had he been togged as well.

1 Like

Cry some more.

1 Like