Munster Rugby - We DID start the fire (Part 2)

Oxley. Different surnames but brothers

Nope either. Carty, some shame the poor lad. Lovely guy but went dowmhill

Didnt know that now

Heard things weren’t good at all nowadays alright. Would know a few on his senior cup team. They all tried to help.

He was giving a lot of help, many still try. Some curse on the lad. Saw him one day outside the market. Came back from it all, got a short term contract with munster but fell back into old ways. Its heartbreaking

Yep I heard he gave earls an awful roasting in Munster training. You’d wonder was going back into a professional fold the right call. It’s incredibly difficult I guess.

His try in the semi final and final were magical.

Nah its addiction. Going back wasnt it really. He played on for half a season afterwards.

Ya I remember going to the 08 final as a young chap and then hearing all the stories. It’s such a pity for him.

I think he called into the Irish 20s even though he barely showed for Munster.

As jayo said there he played a good few years with Richmond at end of career. I’d say he was involved when they went up senior about 10 years ago

Any of the top 3 or 4 there would beat the a lot of the lowest tier AIL clubs… Keeping that going season after season in AIL is a different story

Most lads a playing junior rugby are becuase it suits them and not many interested in traipsing all over the country every weekend

James McDermott was a great Richmond man … Drico from Corbally too?

Yeah, both of them were Richmonds. Alan the head Murphy was there as well, another sound fella.

Clifton Markham, Dara Clancy, Owen Hann and Duggan on the wing from Norwood was a flyer. They were all part of a very good richmonds team.

1 Like

Sean Murphy the footballer is outside centre for them too, a beast of a man.

Stephen Kelly’s younger brother was naturally brute force for them too

As was Finbarr Hogan ex bruff and cookies. A fine winger… Istabraq

A sound skin.

1 Like

Worked with him years ago. Nice fella

1 Like

Who could forget Campo too, he was right in the middle of that team!

Think he’d been fucked out of sexton street for robbing tools from the woodwork class!

that wasn’t a sackable offence in Sextons… unless he was a repeat offender :smiley:

I would imagine not an isolated incident with this lad

1 Like

Would that have been Fran Duggan?