Munster Rugby - We DID start the fire (Part 2)

Campoā€™s young fella is a fine up and coming player with the Cookies.

Ger Duggan Id say, Fran was Richmond too but played a lot of his rugby with St Senans in Shannon.

1 Like

Limerick club rubby is box office.

2 Likes

Played soccer against him. I was a goalie, and youā€™d feel it when saving one of his rocket shots. A very fast and strong soccer player I recall on a good Granville team.

Absolute box office. Would you write Porkys biography Iā€™d say it would be a great read #oneloaf

What happens in Limerick club rubby stays in Limerickā€¦

1 Like

Front row?

Not sure. Heā€™s a big,strong lad, so he could well be. Heā€™s about 15 I think. Iā€™d know Campo well, along with a lot of that Richmond crew previously mentioned. You could add in a few other characters like Puppy Bennett, Dave Young, Tom Diallers Ahern et al.

Smashing fella

How is a roaster like yourself connected to Richmond?

Some classic Limerick names rolled out there in relation to Richmunt Rubby.

2 Likes

Yeah fine soccer player on a very good Granville team. Alan O keeffe, Brian O Doherty, Colin Power. Paul O Donnell would have played with them before going to Liverpool

1 Like

Great lad

Forgot about Brian O Doherty. Adrian Kearns, Ollie Quinlivan and Shane Ryan (weeny) were on that team around then as well, all good players.
The poor auld goalie Jonathan Cotter passed away at 15.

Weā€™re a broad church, kid. Thatā€™s Limerick.

2 Likes

How the fuck did Granville pull the pick of town those days, they were pulling from Fairview and all. The likes of Calla and Domo Kelly went across the water from there too

I know they kind of had to do it, but its sad what they did to the club game to feed the provinces

Should the bottom end of AIL be regionalised? The traveling is cat. Up North, down to Cork etc

The Ail was only formed in the early 90s wasnā€™t? Like the clubs definitely got a lot of players playing that wouldnā€™t have played thanks to the provinces.

Itā€™s growing again or at least in the media more now.

The first season was 90/91

There is more social media coverage beong pushed by clubs and a few crowds streaming games, anyone who has followed it over the last few years would know the quaility in the league which has ramped up every year. Im biased but Division 1A has more quailty matches than URC. Hard to see broadcasters pick up games due to over saturation of the pro game, very hard to move games to suit tv times clashing unless its a local derby.

3 Likes