Munster Rugby - We DID start the fire (Part 2)

A revived Munster would bring much more atmosphere and popularity to games like this. If Leinster win year in year out people will lose interest. No one gave a fuck about hurling in Limerick before 2018 but look now. Just the way it goes with everything.

First off, i couldn’t give two fucks about the atmosphere and popularity of rubby… I detest Munster and everything and everyone involved with them. I’d rather see the black protestant bastards from Ulster win over Munster. Your last point is a bit like yourself, lame.

More of the games are back on free to air tv as well which is huge for attracting interest.

From TV yesterday the atmosphere sounded immense, despite the smallish crowd.

There must be nearly 4million people living in both provinces and they couldn’t top 30k

Yeah it was.

In fairness I think Nuicifora is pretty useless at his job and gets a free past from most people but van gran done serious damage to Munster and in turn Irish rugby. He didn’t back any of the younger Players soon enough and kept going back to the tried and tested. Crowley could end up going to the World Cup but he’s still fairly inexperienced.

2 Likes

Ah no.

The probably added in extra crowd noise to the mix

Sportsmen love defying medical opinion. And oddly, people love to laud them for it, like medical professionals are the bad guys here. Eh, they’ve generally got your best interests at heart guys.

2 Likes

Unless its this guy. Dont trust this guy.

The people lauding him for it will be the people looking at him in 20 years time saying jaysus he looks shook.

And them with not a care in the world. The bubble is tough thing, as I’m sure you know.

Il regret this I reckon but what trolling are you on about? I’d 3 posts here on events
Post 1: Stating the number of changes to the starting 15 for Leinster from the Toulouse game - someone had asked and nobody seemed able to answer accurately. A factual post.
Post 2: An opinion but one widely shared, it’s not good for Irish rugby if the 2nd strongest province see a narrow victory over a Leinster team who rested the majority of their squad as a huge achievement.
3rd post: A response to a bizarre post where it was said how great it was to see ‘young’ Gavin Coombes mixing it with 6 Nations star Jack Conan. Coombes is 25, made his international debut 2 years ago and if he has anything about him will be looking to win his place on the national side - suggesting it’s great to see him mix it with Conan is to suggest he is some teenager or a junior club player on a day out. Caelin Doris is younger than Coombes, has about 30 caps and was rested up for Saturdays game.
So which post was the trolling effort?

You are absolutely seething after Munsters win. You tried to claim Saturday this wasn’t good for Irish rugby after last week claiming rugby was finished outside of Dublin.

A bunch of younger Munster lads put in a great performance and you are know bizarrely trying to run it down.

Im always delighted to see Leinster beat, but things have to be viewed in context. Had Dessie Farrell rested 12 of his Dublin team yesterday and Louth narrowly beat them would that be a sign that all was well with Leinster football.

And I’m not sure if you’re trolling or what but Alex kendellen and Gavin Coombes are young players in comparison to the likes of van der flier and Conan.

Both van der flier and Conan are in and around the 30 mark. Both have been regulars for Leinster but neither have really thrived at international rugby until the last 2/3 seasons.

Jeez three days to come up with that weak shit.

I see you were desperately trying to wade into the other thread as well.

Just stick to the chippy Nordie bogball stuff.

Context? Van der flier, Conan, Kellerher and Healy will be all in Irish 22 come the World Cup. Joe McCarty won’t be far off it.

I think 12 of the 15 Leinster squad was internationally capped.

Ryan Baird, Jason Jenkins and max Deegan are all verging on international squads.

Henshaw and jimmy o Brien will be both in the Irish 22 as well.

It’s only the lottery of injuries that has does lads outside the Leinster team and the Irish team.