Munster Rugby - We DID start the fire (Part 2)

Very odd alright.

Itā€™s a grand observation but Coombes is older than Doris, this thing you have of selecting 2 Leinster players to highlight the level of achievement looks like desperation. Have you the average age of both starting teams Saturday so we can see how well the young Munster team done?

Nothing at all from ya so, thatā€™ll do.

Munster surely near some world class backs to compete with Leinster?

The big thing for Munster in the final 10 minutes itā€™s was Hodnett, Crowley, Kendellon and Casey who made the big plays. Young lads who Munster developed themselves.

Munster have been improving since it was Announced van gran was leaving. Itā€™s slow but they are also unlucky their closest rival happens to be one of the best and slickest run sports clubs in the world.

Obviously next seasons a huge opportunity for one obvious reasonā€¦

1 Like

Thatā€™s simply silly.

Leinster players will always be ready much younger than Munster lads. They come from a professional private school system and are introduced to S and C much younger.

You also have the fact Munster were terribly coached until this season. Just look at shane Daly and Calvin nash as examples of players whoā€™ve improved massively.

1 Like

Leinster next season will backbone the Irish World Cup bid and then the six nations. Itā€™ll be incredibly tough on that group of players. No doubt one or two careers will end at the World Cup and thereā€™ll be a couple of season ending injuries.

Munster need to focus on improving and becoming the best of the rest before focusing on competing with Leinster.

There looks to be exciting group of young players now tbf. hopefully Thomas ahern comes back as heā€™d be a huge bonus.

Oh what? Your trolling was transparent.

A few days later youā€™re back, why?

Stick to the bogball, I donā€™t post about the standard of Leinster GGA because I donā€™t give a fuck.

There seems to be a bizarre argument getting put forward that Cullen had no option but to wrap his first team in cotton wool Saturday to avoid injury ahead of Toulouse, and that the Leinster replacements are every bit as good as the starters. Iā€™m not sure both can be true.

Itā€™s more about identifying the right talent.

Thereā€™s plenty of examples of Leinster talent being allowed to go to other academies.

95% of the time though Leinster have made the correct choice the last few years. That can change very quickly with poor management.

Home grown talent in the other provinces along with 1 or 2 Leinster lads should have them just as competitive.

Arenā€™t you flat out posting in the GAA split season thread?
Iā€™m not sure what trolling you are seeing, itā€™s a widely held view and perfectly understandable view, that Munster seeing Saturdays narrow victory as a monumental achievement is a poor reflection on the state of the game outside Dublin. Ulster have had lad like Jordi Murphy and Madigan turn out for them in recent seasons, itā€™s been a disaster.

1 Like

I donā€™t think there is. It wasnā€™t Leinsterā€™s very best team, but it was still very strong and many of the Leinster ā€œsecond stringā€ are better than most teams starters. Itā€™s not rocket science.

Ryan Baird and Joe McCarthy are better players than Ross moloney. Max Deegan I think was injured too.

Kellerher is a fine player who start for most club teams.

I doubt any Leinster fan would be in tears if a few of Healy, Kellerher, Joe Mc, Baird, Jenkins and deegan were starting.

Less than 12 months ago Harry Byrne was close to breaking into the Irish 22. The other o Brien on the wing was ahead of larmour until he got injured as well.

Leinster have a very strong group of players.

Thatā€™s a bit of an understatement though is it not?

Theyā€™ve been shit for years and lost about ten in a row to Leinster and at the start of the season they looked like they wouldnā€™t qualify for European rugby, let alone get to a semi final, of course itā€™s a monumental achievement.

Youā€™re trying very hard at this argument and not doing very well.

Iā€™m fascinated by the business of hobbies like the GGA and sports like rugby and football. I donā€™t waste my time by studying the play of some hobbyist from Louth shouldering another hobbyist from Dublin like you appear to be doing with Gavin Coombes and other rugby players to just troll online.

Munster are in year one of this coaching ticket. Cullen has been at Leinster since 2015 maybe. I definitely remember in 16 or 17 Leinster getting humiliated by wasps in a Heineken cup game. I was in Venice the same weekend towards the end of January.

It was massive for Munster to get this win. Itā€™s been a huge five weeks for them tbf.

After the sharks loss the whole thing could have fizzled out. Instead they beat and drew with the two South African teams and then beat Glasgow who hadnā€™t lost at home for 16 games. Saturday was another massive step. The confidence theyā€™ll take from this is huge.

You still havenā€™t been able to clarify what the trolling is but Iā€™m happy you have something to hide behind.

Your argument seems to be that things were woefully bad but there are signs of recovery, fair enough. I didnā€™t realise things had been that bad, was it not 3 or 4 years ago Munster got to a European semifinal?