Munster Rugby - We DID start the fire (Part 2)

I’m sure. So how many times I’m curious

Hundreds I’d imagine.

Halfpenny started but was taken off early doors.

Still plenty empty seats around me.

Vivid imagination

Not good enough for the Munster fans though

https://twitter.com/ballsdotie/status/1754844276066787407?s=46&t=YOfhVM10W0bcyIiYSLI3Wg

They will deny it now and call it a success but they were like bulls to a red sheet to get rid of the whole ticket before rassie came in.

2 Likes

Correct.

No one does mythology like Munster Rugby though.

1 Like

First part confirmed there. Very tidy player but has had a few lengthy injuries for a lad his age.

2 Likes

Rob Penney now in charge of the Canterbury crusaders.

He was treated poorly in Munster by some but I always felt it was right man wrong time.

Tried to play a 2 4 2 system but the legendary 16th man said its not the munster way. Forwards on the wing was not up the jumper mucker shit. He was pushed on. The same fans were lauding pat lam for the job he did for Connacht to win the league in 2016 using the same tactics. Completely blind to what penny was trying

2 Likes

I don’t really Think the fans had anything
To do with it but I did hear he didn’t get on too great
With Poc and rog.

ROG and POC weren’t really set up for running rugby I guess.

I remember the Munster fans abusing him non stop just like they did with Axel Foley.

1 Like

They were coming to their end in fairness after great careers.

I wonder is o garas opinion of Penney different now he’s gone coaching.

1 Like

I would’ve abused him alright I’m sure, from a height, probably after they failed to cover the handicap against Zebre ir something and Keatley after missing 7/9 kicks. Still very used to winning back then.

Donners on the wing with hands like cow’s tits

5 Likes

You’ve an unreal memory about Munster rubby. Living rent free in your head for two decades plus

A die hard club rubby man like myself knows these things

1 Like

They deny it. Same with booing keats.