Munster Rugby - We DID start the fire (Part 2)

You might be a rat but definitely better than a stag

They don’t like being reminded about this

1 Like

He reached two consecutive Heineken Cup semi-finals (2013 and 14’) with an ageing Munster team if my memory serves me right. He had a very affable personality too that time Zeebs prank called him from the 2013 Lions tour asking about the captaincy.

1 Like

Ya he did but by all accounts in 2013 poc took over. He came back in a famous game in the ul bowl having been out injured and rumoured to be retiring mid way though the six nations. There was some crowd in ul that Wednesday. They were completely written off v harlequins in the q/f but o Connell and rog put in a
Masterclass and they won comfortably.

Put in a fine performance v clermont in the semi when Casey lulualua could have knicked it for them at the end.

There was definitely a big switch on tactics.

In 2014 did they beat a poor Toulouse
Side in Thomond?

I remember the semi final v Toulon well. Keatley done ok but missed a lot of kicks. They done ok again but not great. Im Sure you remember that Sunday very well :sweat_smile:

Imo he took over the Munster team when all the greats were moving on and the academy was a mess. They had a lot of average players playing and just weren’t good enough.

Yeah he did a very similar job to the work that helped Rassie acquire the South Africa job. Conor O’ Shea’s Quin’s team were really hyped up as a crack side around that time but for as long as I’ve been following rugby Harlequin’s have always been windy in Europe. Munster were too shrewd for them that day. ROG played his last game against Clermont then in the semi iirc.

Ah Rassie done a better job. He turned water in to wine. You could see immediately every player improved.

Penney some players did but the style blatantly didn’t work with some others either.

Ya o gara retired after the clermont game.

That was a training game on the wed? He played the Saturday for us against Con then the quins game the following week begore getting called up for the lions.

Correct on the squad at the time, a lot of that famous munster team had no idea of tactical play with the exception of the guys in coaching top level now. He didnt have the players and by god the academy ruin a fair amount of takented players at that time. At least they have rectified that now

The ex players were sniping away in the background like something you’d see at Bayern Munich. Wood the main culprit.

1 Like

RG is some unit. He’ll be a big loss to us next year.

1 Like

He did sweet fuck all for ye anyway.

Munster throwing it around like the barbarians

Kleyn is a grand player, but Snyman is the nuts if you can keep him right.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/munsterrugby/status/1766900924344148063?s=46

Disaster for Munster, losing two Irish qualified to NIQ. Both good but neither really good enough to take up the NIQ space.

Allegedly Tom Farrell has signed for ye. He’s seemingly beaten his usually injury-proneness and is a pure 13.

Frish is really good.

Yes he is but Frisch and Kleyn as your two NIQ players are quite a downgrade on Snyman and Deallende. Munster have a decent team, they need a couple world class high impact players to compete at semi final stages.

1 Like

Frish has better than Damien for Munster. We barely have had synman.

We badly need to improve in our front row and I’d like to see a world class 15 brought in. They should target beuden Barrett.

AB’ s coming to Thomond on Nov 2nd.

Surprised they didn’t want Porky Kiev.

Surely you mean SuperValu Porky Kiev?