Munster Rugby - We DID start the fire (Part 2)

It’s a fucking joke. It’s a disgrace how Ben Healy was treated. Wouldn’t a Leinster young player though.

:grinning::smiley::smile::grin::laughing::sweat_smile::rofl::joy: the poor cunt and he on £250,000 pa in Edinburgh. You’re a #gascunt

5 Likes

Oh my god.

That’s an awful thing to happen.

Hard not to feel for Alex curbert there.

Think Billy Burns just dislocated his shoulder or broke his collar bone

https://twitter.com/irishtimessport/status/1772143015295107234?s=46

This is interesting enough. I immediately thought of Diarmuid McCarthy.

Maybe if the Irfu didn’t force Ben Healy to leave it could be Healy and Jack at 10 and 12.

Earls maybe with better coaching could have been a 13. He was outstanding at 13 in 08/09.

After that your down to the likes of danny barnes.

The Irish situation isn’t much better. Drico and Darcy made pro debuts in the 90s. It’s basically ringrose and henshaw since then. Paddy Wallace and foreign recruits like aki and Jared Payne.

Crowley would still be 10 because he’s better. The Ireland situation is absolutely far better, Ulster produce plenty of good centres.

1 Like

Crowley and Healy could have been an amazing 10/12 combo.

Yes Ulster obviously produced luke Marshall who’d a lot of injuries and lost Stuart olding.

I see young Doak is switching to ten from nine which is very odd to me.

Conor Murray the only home grown Irish 9 to tour with the lions since 84. Won’t be changing any time soon.

Couldn’t see Healy playing 12 myself. McCloskey is class. Hume is quality too. Even Connacht seem to have Irish centres, must be a Munster thing not to be able to produce them. Earls always looked great to me at 13 in fairness but Schmidt preferred plodders. Tomas O’Leary was selected for the lions but I think missed it due to injury.

Earls wasn’t the best defender or passer. You’d see that with the quickest Irish players. They often have massive skill deficits because their pace gets them out of so much trouble.

Carberry another example. His passing is so bar because his feet got him out of all sorts of trouble on the way up.

I wouldn’t say Ulster and Connacht have produced many better than Rory Scannell. He’s sort of the bench mark decent pro but not top class.

Darren cave is one id forgotten.

We’ve just listed off at least five Ulster centres better than scannell. In saying that I think scannell has always been decent for Munster, they could have backed him more.

1 Like

Scannel must be closing in on a record number of games for munster.

Funny article of a Monday morning. Hasn’t really hindered Munster anyway; they’ve lost most of their big European games because their front rown was blown out the gate.

The Southern hemisphere always has a surplus of good backs and looking at the Irish twenties recently, Ireland should be grand.

Munster seem to be bringing along fantastic back row and second row players. The front row is where there is a deficit.

The winger they are bringing from Connacht looks a player.

The Irish System is producing a lot of very similar players.

Murray, stringer and reddan have been our only 9s for 25 years.

Leinster haven’t produced any 9 of note really.

Compared to say sexton, Byrne x 2, carberry and now Prendergast at 10.

Without Gibson park, aki and Hansen Ireland would be struggling.

1 Like

I’d say they’ll have to direct some of thoses 10s to 9 in the academy. A lad like Jack Crowley could be a top 9 if he was directed that way.

The Australians in their pomp and the French always had backs that could play anywhere like Matt Giteau.

Is it too late for maybe Tony Butler to have a go at 9? he has the right frame for it and is quick over the ground.

Id say lads want to play 10-its where the money is

And at the same time Munster had no ten post o gara until Crowley and Healy came along.

Murray was probably directed to 9 because of o gara and sexton.

I’m surprised Doak is moving to ten.

1 Like

It is probably because they haven’t a bob and don’t want to pay for a top man. A Charlie Tector type lad will go up there eventually I suppose. Big chance for Flannery up there now.

Fyp

Mccloskey
Nevin Spence
James hume

All miles better than scannell

michelak the only one I could think of in pro era who are international class…don’t know how much giteau ever played there for oz

Two completely different positions not sure how many could really do it at a high level