Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

Tipp smell blood. :flushed:

Jesus the Clare half backline down the home stretch were something else. Plucking balls and driving out with them, they weren’t to be denied. I thought with 20 to go it would be a draw but it would have been a travesty if we lost it. Colm Lyon’s facilitated a fine game but Jesus he would boil you at times.

Clare to a man hurled well, there was no weak link
and they left it all behind them. You can’t ask for much more.

Very disappointed with the antics of a couple of limerick fans in their 50s who seems to completely lose the plot when Flanagan goaled late on shoving middle fingers in my face and calling me all sorts and shouting that Clare never won fuck all. You would think lads who have seen plenty of wins over the last 5 years could show the same humility as the team they support but I guess not. I was fairly delighted to be sitting at the end of the aisle at full time as I stood there steadfast refusing to move watching the two apes cumbersomely trying to climb out over the seats in front of us to leave rather than
asking me to move.

32 Likes

He scored a load of frees which maybe clouds my judgement.

I dont really see it with Cathal O’Neill at all. I know he scored a couple tonight but he just doesn’t seem to be at the top level.

3 Likes

I nearly did my ankle climbing over the seat you prick…

The Clare HB line were incredible for the last 10 minutes.

8 Likes

Bit harsh there. He tried hard and scored when others around him were well off

Very like Waterfords trajectory last year. Looked fantastic in the league final. Unimpressive win first day out in Munster then collapse.

1 Like

Would you not tell em fuck off back?

1 Like

My thoughts exactly driving home tonight…

We have completely lost the ability to win ball in our half forward line overnight, twas the same the last day out agin Waherfud. Only for Tom Morrissey we would have been destroyed.

3 Likes

Was Cian Lynch playing tonight?

2 Likes

The scale of the chance that Waterford passed up last Sunday really became apparent tonight. Waterford have to win in Cork tomorrow.

1 Like

No doubting his workrate.

Maybe tries too hard and ends up swallowed rather than being smart and just taking up good positions.

Sometimes standing still is the best thing to do to find pockets of space.

Peter Casey seems a bit lost too at the minute.

I must say i was very impressed with Ryan Taylor, Davy Fitz and Shane O’Donnell. It goes without saying Tony Kelly too. What a player.

Aidan McCarthy too is very effective.

1 Like

Morrissey must have hit five wides too to compound things. Very unlike him

2 Likes

Would have got motm IF we had won. But he missed a chance at end when he’s normally good for a clutch point .

Surprised at the amount of praise Tom Morrissey is getting here. He worked hard but I thought he had some woeful misses that killed any bits of momentum they were building.

3 Likes

Every county has these simpletons tbf.

Lads who either got into bandwagon mode and know no better or weirdos who take it so seriously following the team around the country or aboard on team holidays etc.

3 Likes

A man died in the lower Hogan during the '19 AI semi final also. These things happen, it’s unfortunate.

2 Likes

Tbh he always has that in him. But he has been the only one of that half forward line really functioning this year.

1 Like

Wife beating is endemic in Limerick I believe.

3 Likes

Interesting perspective, live I thought he was constantly
Showing and trying to do something start to finish.

Anyone in open stand? What happened that man/woman who got hit with a sliotar I think? The paramedics were there for ages. Looked v serious.