Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2020

Good win. Nothing won yet. Except the league.

1 Like

lack of use of Shanagher too

Kelly got MOTM in a team that lost by 10 points. Hes some player

2 Likes

Just the 75+ shots today in the spud hockey game :grinning:

2 Likes

I eagerly await your report on the need to make the sliotar heavier .

Boyles

Limerick 8/13
Tipp 13/8

Draw 9/1

2 point handicap

1 Like

I wouldn’t be confident at all with that full back line

That’ll be pick Um on the day.

A cousin of mine wants to bate Tipp and that will be enough for the year.

That was so bad you wouldn’t feel right slagging the clare lads

Take Tony Kelly out & you may as well be playing Kerry or antrim

3 Likes

Make ball heavier or take a bit of the ‘spring’ out of it?

2 Likes

Limerick-1 and Cork -2 double 2.65/1 for next week. Id be more iffy about Limerick bating tipp by 2 points that cork

Tipp are a savage price.
That will definitely shorten during the week.

Nothing wrong with a load of scores

I’ve lumped in Tipp. A win win.

I actually think that would make it worse. It would reward crowding the defence even more. The beauty of hurling is the ball is too fast to get a lot of men back and you can hit it over them also if the team does.
Smaller bas hurleys maybe

I’m not so sure that’s true. The ball is so light now it can travel from 21 to 21 at ease. If you made it heavier it would be dropping down around the middle more and would in theory drag players out of a little bit. It’s akin to basketball at this stage.

Agreed mate. Limerick scored more today than both teams would score in the final in the 80s

There seems to be a general assumption that sliothars are getting progressively lighter. Is that actually the case in recent times?

I reckon improvements in hurley making, striking technique, overall skill, and fitness have contributed more to the longer distances achieved over the last couple of decades.

The ball is certainly travelling further, but worth having a look at some classics on All Ireland Gold with fellas mishitting from a standing position, albeit with a rock of a ball, before deciding the sliothar needs to be heavier.