Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2020

A lot of the bigger names get them for free anyway, a few social media posts is great advertising for a hurley maker. I donā€™t know about the other expenses if they get discounts, I know about the costs for the other stuff from being involved in rugby

Those fuckers need to be stopped tbf. The same lads who call out the cost of running the team

Thatā€™s a fair brave comment to come out with around here

By all accounts, the Munster Council were being very very strict on numbers.

Cregan & Spike would have been there; thereā€™s 2 spots reserved for executive but there would have been members of the backroom who couldnā€™t travel. Possibly members of the extended panel also.

Phyisos, food training gear all that stuff would cost the same per head, I canā€™t claim to know the ins and outs of managing an IC team but I can compare to what I know is similar

None of the extended panel were there I believe

:smiley:

Spike would have been there if it meant Kiely or Kinnerk had to stay at home

3 Likes

I would think the word coming down from government Agencies is the slightest flouting of the regulations and the thing will hit buffer . Brenda from Facebook is gunning to blame the GAA.

Was there any comment here yesterday on the lower camera position ???

Yeah, and that is tough on those lads but thatā€™s the way it is now. Heats up the competition in training even more.

1 Like

Iā€™d be hazarding a guess here but Iā€™d imagine they had to position the camera somewhere different because those camera positions would be fair cramped up the top of the stadium, Iā€™d imagine they couldnā€™t get the equipment etc up there with the social distancing.

:grin:

1 Like

Their Club Treasurer said it.

Spending 3 months training in the Connacht GAA Centre doesnā€™t come cheap.

300k per year :grin:

1 Like

You are probably looking at something like ā‚¬300,000 a year,ā€ says club Treasurer, John Raftery.

ā€œThatā€™s everything, lights, pitch care, repairs, bus hire, catering for teams. Everything comes up to that.ā€

Ya possibly something like that . Do you remember that gantry was deemed unsafe in 2003 and they couldnā€™t show the draw Lk v Waterford game

I was at the game but remember the talk about it not being shown. I just thought it wasnā€™t scheduled for whatever reason.

John is having a laugh

Maybe. Maybe not.

The likes of Cuala would spend north of 100k anyway to win an All Ireland.

Dublin clubs go to warm weather camps for U14 tournaments

2 Likes