Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2020

That’s what I think but seem to be a lot of fancies for Waterford.

I wouldn’t put a penny on Cork v Waterford

Good to see De Burca back from injury

4 Likes

Cahill has the measure of Cork teams in recent years.

Dessie will run riot on the Cork full back line.

Forward line is very weak looking. Don’t think Dessie Hutchinson is up to inter-county standard. Is Patrick Curran on the bench?

1 Like

Curran is on the bench.

These lads will work hard for each other up front. It won’t be pretty but conditions will suit Waterford big time.

Hutchinson is the real deal.

I can’t get over how Waterford dont use him more

2 Likes

I fully expect Waterford to be well drilled, organised, committed and prepared, light years from where they were last year. Might be enough to win as Cork are missing a few and are not really suited to hurling this time of year. Don’t think Waterford will take any of the top teams though. Lack of scoring lower will be their downfall.

1 Like

I’d agree with that.

They’ll be hammered by Limerick in the final.

Wing back is the one position on the field you are almost guaranteed to get a good bit of ball so I think it could be a wise move. He’s been tried a lot at midfield and the half forward line in recent years and mostly anonymous.

I think Cork will win after a spirited effort by Waterford. Big enough gulf in class between the two teams IMO

Unfortunately, he is one dimensional and the modern game does not play to his strengths. If he was playing in another era, he would have multiple all stars. He is a great corner forward, in traditional sense. You have to be able to play multiple forward positions in modern game and he cant. Cork have same problem with cadagon, turnbull etc.

1 Like

That’s a very weak looking Waterford team.

I never understand their reluctance to start Patrick Curran. They are a team lacking marquee/natural forwards and he has the skillset and potential to be one.

They will struggle to put up a big score even against a cork defence

I rate his one dimension

Derek ruined him.

I think that the Waterford team looks alright but the bench is weak.

Did Cahill name many dummy teams for Tipp? People seem to be saying that Gleeson will play in the forwards, although I can see the logic of playing him wing-back after a few dodgy seasons.

I think he lacks pace and also ability to win dirty ball . He is a lovely hurler though

He was very good against Galway in that All-Ireland U21 final in 2016. That Waterford team was nearly more dominant than the famed Limerick 2017 version if anything.