Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2020

He wasnā€™t built to be chasing after three full backs

1 Like

No then

He is the answer to one of the great quiz questions of the modern era.

He is the only player ever to win official MOTM awards in All Ireland Minor/Under 21 and Colleges Finals.

3 Likes

I spoke to an ex college team mate who said it is a disgrace how he was used by Waterford. He stated he was one of the best players he had seen.

CARK
tenor-19

1 Like

Iā€™m assuming Aussie will switch with Moran at least?

At the time yes but itā€™s about what the u21 go on to do at senior

The way itā€™s gone youā€™d get as many chances to score from wing back as wing forward

Kevin Moran was a fantastic hurler but his legs are gone and have been gone for at least two years. If Waterford are relying on him, and they are by the looks of it, then they have nothing coming through this year. He was brutal against Limerick two years ago in the Gaelic Grounds, and worse in Walsh Park last year.

Heā€™ll certainly get the chance to be on the ball more. At half-back, you will be involved; at half-forward, you sometimes to have work yourself into the game and games have passed him by a bit in recent seasons.

I think if you could get him motoring at half-forward, thatā€™s where heā€™s most valuable but you just need him contributing in general.

The fact lads are finding ways to try and get aussie involved ina game says a lot.

Heā€™ll find a way to play hide and seek wherever you pick him

Nasty comment

Gleeson will be MOTM on Sunday and Waterford will win

1 Like

If Gleason hurls well they have a real chance but I just donā€™t see that getting a big enough total - look at them forwards .

Saturday :slight_smile:

Heā€™s every bit as effective now as that Foley chap ye crowed about in Limerick for years & years.

1 Like

HF is not an easy position to play, particularly in the modern game
It can be one where the game passes you by and you really have to work yourself into the game.

Exactly the same. And we were right to crow about Rashers.

I was told that Gleeson lacks concentration. Hence he is moved around so much to keep him focused/interested. Its the reason he does not play centre back at intercounty as he lacks the discipline required at that level.

That goes to my point above. Hurling at that level is a world away from senior intercounty. The game played at that level maximises his talents.

1 Like