Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2020

Jesus if he gets any more he will be horizontal. There comes a time you draw stumps and move on. The lad is just not coachable.

2 Likes

Real pity.

Do you think winter hurling is a massive negative to that Cork team is all that talk overegged?

Pitches will be in terrific shape, thatā€™s the main thing. There is no all ireland in this group. No leaders unfortunately. Your defense in your foundation in any team sport and we are lacking here. Too many of our forwards are one dimensional and not suited to demands of game at this level. We have serious group of hurlers coming through. In about 2 to 3 years we will be there abouts.

1 Like

Come on now Cork, itā€™s Waterford!

Those Cork backs wouldnā€™t inspire much confidence. They might get away with it vs Waterford but not in a Munster final. @fenwaypark any reason why Mellerick isnā€™t on it? Iā€™ve the cut of him any time Iā€™ve seen him.

Out for year with hip injury. Played no club this year.

Thanks, didnā€™t know that. Young to be out with that.

Btw what other backs would you rate for 2/3 years time. Seems to be plenty from MF up. Apart from Joyce I havenā€™t seen anything else defensive wise.

Oā€™Callaghan playing corner back for u20s is excellent. Downey will be a monster in a couple of years. I think Joyce is special, time will tell.

Not sold on O Callaghan, Mellerick is far superior. Would agree Joyce. Stood out whenever Iā€™ve seen him. Very like Ronan Curran.

1 Like

You add O Leary from Castlelyons and Collins in goal and you have the nucleus of an excellent 7.

1 Like

In 8-10 years you cunts will be back dominatingā€¦ serious talent being coached properly at underage.

2 Likes

Clubs and schools doing serious work.

2 Likes

I just hope this Limerick team can squeeze another one out before then. It will make the abuse Iā€™ll get down here some bit bearable when ye are going for three in a row.

2 Likes

The work is still going on in Limerick at a very high level. I would say Cork club hurling is as poor as I have ever seen it in truth, I have not seen a decent cork club side in a long time. Cork have an issue winning these days and that can seep into a side. I like Cork and would never begrudge them wins, of the big counties I always found they win with grace and lose with grace also and I respect it from them.

3 Likes

Always a chance that their next golden generation are full of jumped up shop stewards who engage in bitter internal politicking

1 Like

The Cork championship has improved over the last 2 years . It was dreadful for near on a decade before that .

Cork are coming again but they need to now get player getting to IC senior levelS of conditioning . The likes of Galway and Lk have raised the bar .

One thing the CCB need to address is the gameā€™s relative weakness in Mallow , Carrigaline and Ballincollig .

1 Like

Cork are like mushrooms, they can come up overnight.

I would definitely agree, the playing pool is huge. The mushrooms have been down a long time. You lose Horgan in the next year or two and it is a huge loss to a massively underperforming team you have to say.

Didnā€™t JBM rebuild a team in a year or two and won an All Ireland in 1999.

Thatā€™s no bad Cork side and is perfectly capable of winning a shortened all Ireland

I think the mushrooms theory has been well disproved at this point, considering theyā€™ve gone 15 seasons without an All-Ireland. Maybe if they had won it in 2013 and they did come close; I think even Cork people would agree that it was far from their best team.

But there is an argument that Cork have fucked away two U-20 All-Irelands in a row (thatā€™s possibly underrating two very good Tipp sides but on paper, Cork had an embarrassment of riches). They started putting in the work underage and players are beginning to come through. Thatā€™s not mushrooms.

However, the team they selected against Waterford is far from convincing and seems to be going back to a lot of older heads who have struggled in the past. A serious full-forward line but outside of that lineā€¦

1 Like