Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

Clare deserved that loss after wanting it played in the Gaelic grounds.just cause it’s a shorter trip home with their tails between their legs than Cork…

Only a simpleton believes that (continuously). Four lines, two posts and one point between them. We’ll go again.

Glad to hear you experienced it, what did you make of it?

I did the drive from wexford to Limerick the night before myself. Dose of a drive coming via Waterford rd, 2:45 mins took me.

I did dub-new Ross, new ross-limk sat, Limk-dub Sunday. Lot of motoring but all worth it.

2 Likes

Aren’t you the stupid hypocritical cunt who bumps a Tipperary related thread whenever Limerick win something? Stupid fucking eejit

1 Like

Five bands and a pig won’t be half as good now

Still more than plastic hall of famers Alco Carey and FIngers Kirby

Cop on.

1 Like

Anyone?

Bit of a controversial view but that was a far cry from last years final imo

A few Limerick players are quite clearly playing through pain at the moment.

I thought Clare left at least one goal and several fairly handy points behind them.

John Conlon was outstanding yesterday. So intelligent.

As I predicted gillane was the difference. He’s absolutely lethal and unlike a lot of the top forwards in recent times he’s unpredictable and a bit of a maverick.

1 Like

Clare will either go all the way to meet ye in the final or will lose to Dublin.

When the chips were down yesterday in the second half, there was a phenomenal workrate from Limerick. I thought Clare were dead and buried but there’s something very admirable about that team, despite the fact they’re from Clare.

Is that not the consensus view? Close/competitive game but neither team played particular well and cancelled each other out to a large extent. The heat played its part - it was very hot there yesterday.

11 Likes

Standard of hurling was better last year but I’d say the heat played havoc yesterday.

Edit: @Big_Dan_Campbell more or less said same thing.

Maybe I was just listening to the Sunday game/ reading twitter.

I’d say Clare are in a much better place to pick themselves up and go again unlike last year.

Limerick are still huffing puffing. Bar that long diagonal ball to gillane and Flanagan they haven’t got a whole pile going at the moment.

I’d say both Kyle Hayes and hannon could do with the months break.

I think Limerick look absolutely knackered but their mentality is getting them through games. Clare were very poor in the forwards. Duggan is a bluffer, McCarthy was poor, they struggled to win their own ball. We badly needed the energy from Cathal O’Neill and Adam English at the end of the game, delighted to see Adam English have a big impact in an important match, a type of player who will be huge for us in the next couple of years.

1 Like

Bench made a huge difference. English’s point was a cracker and fact it was so immediate meant he had little time to think, just do what comes natural

Was fantastic see Cathal Oneill have such a positive impact. Still only young, was a fear anxiousness from performance/ turnovers week previous might tell. But he soon put any thought of that to bed, full of confidence and some absolutely lovely strikes.

It is a worry that Lynch wasn’t sprung from the bench tho. After him being so enthusiastic when he came on the pitch against cork, screaming for ball, to now not even called on. You’d have to think he’s a far sight from shrugging off injury as late stages of the match was made for his cameo but he didn’t appear.

1 Like

Drink it in maann

The story of the game. Bad coaching

1 Like

A classis of the ‘everyone wrote us off so they did’ genre.

4 Likes

As long as Darragh and Will can armlock lads, Limerick are going nowhere.