Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

You just know it’s nailed on for someone to have some kind of minor physical altercation with an official this weekend now and get the book thrown at them

I stand with Foudy. Clare by 10.

1 Like

Stunning graphic, Clare GAA have turned it around.

Strong team

Aaron Gillane on Billy Nolan

Should Limerick have finished with 11 players last weekend?

We’ll need a freeze frame

Not really.

Was sent that photo yesterday. Interesting shot.

What did you think of the sending offs/non sending offs ?

The ball is only about three feet away.

By The Limerick’s standards, that isn’t bad.

6 Likes

I admire the current Limerick team a lot but they were really lucky last weekend.

The SF challenge was a stone cold straight red.

GH’s second yellow could easily have been a straight red.

BN should definitely have got a second yellow in the run up to GH’s second yellow card.

AG’s loose pull at BN was a straight red, properly construed.

1 Like

Do you know why the Flanagan decision has been delayed so much?

Gillane only has the Hurley in one hand. You’d really need to see the video. Freeze frames prove little.

Got a phone call from a leading journalist yesterday, for a general chat, and he told me something interesting that I had not known. Seemingly RTÉ always have access to recordings of discussion on an incident between linesmen and a referee – someone from RTÉ sits in the relevant box. It seems, if a particular incident is discussed, that incident is considered to have been ‘dealt with’, even if a card is not issued. Technology, in a sense, has out run the rulebook. The man who told me is highly connected and would be far better informed than most on such issues. He reckoned there is a recording of the SF incident being discussed between Liam Gordon and his officials and that this incident is therefore considered ‘dealt with’.

1 Like

Scratch.

There was definitely a meeting last night about it anyway.

So I heard. The whole area is murky.

You can’t judge anything on a freezeframe tbf.

That pull is a stone cold red card, if seen.

I met a friend who’d know and he was expecting white smoke around 9 or 10 o clock yesterday evening. Something must have happened that it’s still not resolved.