Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

Arrived home to Schlinder’s List on the box. Seemed appropriate enough, as just like match, you knew how it was gonna end, but had to stay and watch anyway.

1 Like

The Big House is drafting emergency legislation mandating the reinstatement of the water breaks as we speak.

4 Likes

Seeing the Clare fans/players celebrate like they won an Ireland was sickening…first win in Gaelic grounds since 1899 in championship fair play not even yer grandparents remember a victory in limerick saviour it…we are still ahead of ye on score difference in the group table but I didn’t want to say it to any of them, didn’t wanna ruin their night…

It does seem like we have lost our edge though…don’t think losing cian lynch made much of a difference as he was poor against waterford and today as well.

Make up your mind

2 Likes

Awful pang of bitterness off that post.

7 Likes

We’re just lacking that bit of hunger at the moment. Clare pushed up well on our puckout tonight, forcing Nicky to go long more often than not. Normally this isn’t a problem for us as we have enough ball winners out the field. Not the case tonight though as Clare won more of the 50/50s and getting primary possession was tough for us all night.

The three weeks off has come at the right time. The first fifteen minutes against Tipp will tell us a lot.

Not necessarily. Sure they usually race off into a big early lead against you before you turn the tables after half time.

Limerick will blitz Tipp the next day

1 Like

I ordered a garlic and cheese chip

I came to the right place so

Limericks glaring weakness is runners from deep and it has always been there going back as far as Cork in 2019, Wford were getting huge joy from it up until the red card last week and Davey the genius that he is decided fonging it in long now rather than sticking with what was working was the way forward.

Tipp aren’t as pacey as Clare but are very clever with movement and far more clinical, they will create plenty of goal chances when presented that Clare didn’t take tonight. Galway and Kilkenny will be the happiest counties tonight knowing that every game in Munster now is going to be full throttle here on in while they can bide their time peaking for later on.

2 Likes

The Munster championship is the hardest fought competition in the world.

3 Likes

Reminds me of the NFC West in 2021, a minefield.

1 Like

Must be tough on you. Bless.

The Leinster championship is a balls. Made only marginally better by the introduction of Galway.

Are you on drugs. We are goosed.

The Gaelic grounds aren’t in Limerick

1 Like

Keilys post game meltdown last week makes a lot more sense now

1 Like

Ye"ll probably squeeze one last AI this year but thats about it. Its the last days of the empire now

1 Like

Good post - on the other hand, Waterford should have beaten Limerick last week.