Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

I was down low in the Clare terrace, the doctor had been treating Finn twice before the last time he went down, looked to be encouraging him to come off the second time, I thought it was in the ankle area,

You have to wonder if one of their players being a convicted criminal and due to go to jail has affected morale

Never seems to affect LOI teams, or does it….

4 Likes

If you are in the first few rows of the open stand you are actually below the level of the pitch and quite close to the sideline, in a way I’m surprised more incidents of that nature don’t happen there.

1 Like

Looked ankle to me also… Looked to be rotating it when they stood him up

Could be the Achilles

Limerick looked quite slow around the middle. All their middle 8 were chased down during the match.

Isn’t it amazing to see how human Nash and Hannon are when they have to mark someone.

If Finn is out I think Limerick are in real bother

Davy Fitz and Taylors running had Limerick at sixes and sevens, what a game from Fitz

The other half went to the match with her father, they had great tickets in the middle of the covered stand. Sitting in front of them were two absolute retards that were shitfaced before they came in and were drinking from a naggin of vodka throughout the game. One of them spent the whole match screaming at their own players, calling them useless cunts and all sorts. Imagine giving this abuse to players who have given them 4 AIs in a few years. I know every county have a few of these cunts but Limerick seem to have more of them.

When you have unprecedented success like Limerick you’ll always attract a few apes along the way.

Those of us who know, know

They have never had pace, nor had the excellent Galway before them. They used their movement and stick work in most instances. You only need to be a couple of percentage off to be caught and we have been. Maybe it is the beginning of the end with injuries and what not but maybe the three weeks will help rejuvenate them. The lads went for a drink yesterday which is a good start, a few chats never harmed clear the air and reasses thing a little.

2 Likes

The reality is waterfords incompetence looks like saving Limerick. They are still long odds on to make the all Ireland semi final and we’ve done our best hurling up there the last few years. The team is peaking in the semi final/final.

No guarantee Limerick would have lost if their existence depended on them getting a result last night. The joy of the round robin. Let’s we what Cork have today, I hope Fitzgerald let’s Waterford hurl also.

1 Like

Possibly yes but when was the last time we played three bad games in a row. Waterford passed up a massive opportunity last week.

This Limerick team peak in late June or July.

The Limerick lads have always had problems with the drink. Imagine needing drink to enjoy the greatest game in the world. Tells the story.

3 Likes

Their manager passes it up with shocking tactics, if they had worked the ball into midfield and then shot they would have won the game. If Limerick had cleared the umpteen errors in the lead up to the Clare goal or if we had been more direct rather than trying to work a greasy ball through the lines all night we may have won.

If my auntie had balls she’d by uncle. You can go over any game in any sport and point to 20 difference incidents that affect the result.

If I think of Cian lynch I think of slick moving and agility. Not a power type player. He just looked to my untrained eye has he over done it. Liam rushe was similar for Dublin too.

We need lynch beating players with his feet. He creates so much space and attracts defenders like a magnet.

1 Like

Lynch hasn’t been the same player since Croke Park decided to clamp down on the throw.

10 Likes

And this really is what I am saying, until met with circumstances you don’t know how anyone will react, they had to win last night and we did not. They wanted it more, simple as that.

Ya and the players went for a drink after to sort things out…a long way from the puritanical days of not bringing Liam McCarthy across the threshold of any pub etc etc etc…