Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

Nail on the head.

It was more of a judo flip than a throw

6 Likes

Limerick look wrecked. So leggy. Can’t see them lifting it from here

They put everything into winning the league.

Couldn’t have any complaints about yesterday Fagan. Better team won.

Peaking in late June and July is not much use in the split season Championship if you don’t take care of business in April/early May. If Limerick don’t buck up quickly it’ll be the likes of Hego’s Junior Football team who’ll be reaping the benefit of their peak.

It didn’t work too badly for them last year.

Split season suits them does it?

Did Derek McGrath have a pop at Brian Lohan during the week? It’s hilarious that almost always the polar opposite of what he thinks will happen actually happens

14 Likes

I believe it was due to Clare not using a +1

Aron Shanagher his an absolute weapon in the air. Some impact he had.

1 Like

Clare in general dominated in the air.

Is Derek McGrath still on the go? Who does he pen for these days. Thankfully I don’t have to suffer his waffle on the telly lately.

“A Prairie full of space” is his new go to line.

1 Like

It’s what Confucius has to say is what I need to know.

5 Likes

“The art of war” by yer man Sun Tzu was shoehorned into every piece of hurling analysis for a period of time

3 Likes

And an American football analogy.

1 Like

I’d say our pal ceist could write a thought piece by Derek with a bit of guidance

:joy::joy::joy:

Something Tommy Wlash alluded to was Clares lack of a plus 1 faced with 2 Limerick line balls in injury time. That if Limerick were able to get it over itd be 2 v 2 inside. However I could see Clares logic.
Limerick are so good at retaining possession from those situations if they were left a plus 1 themselves that theyd have worked an over load on opposite wing via Barry Nash or Byrnes that they would have noat likely had a free shot. Clare played the percentages.

1 Like