Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

Derek would be well read you see but he would be very modest in letting anyone know.

Is Nash the best sideline taker they had at that stage? He knocked the first one straight at TK and the second one nearly went out over the same sideline

Lynch hasn’t been the same player since Croke Park decided to clamp down on the throw.
[/quote]

U obviously weren’t at the match yesterday everyone was throwing the ball.

I’d have lashed it into the centre. Try and win a free.

Colm Lyons was in that kind of mood too.
You’d wonder does that enter referees psyche at times. Easier life to just make a draw of this.

1 Like

Any way Limerick could rejig the team a bit.

Hannon back to 6 will help.

Maybe bring Nash out wingback?

Worth trying one of Hego or Cian inside?

Gillane has a great paw, would he be worth a go wing forward or Flanagan?

Paddy Donovan definitely worth a go as well.

1 Like

He’s coaching Dublin u20s and they are going well. The young lads love him. He gets plenty of stick here and its probably somewhat justified but he is well able to coach young lads and is very popular with all involved

3 Likes

Derek is a top man.

2 Likes

He is bullshit artist.

Is Darren commentating or presenting today lads?

Limerick overplayed tbh. There was a load of space and we didn’t deliver the ball. Madness imo. Some of it was down to Clare work rate but there were occasions where Byrnes, Hannon & Kyle could have delivered and they didn’t.

Half-back line were unusually poor; generally I would say it’s up there as our strongest line but they were probably our worst line yesterday.

All brilliant hurlers, just had poor games.

I think we might need to rejig things, but I wouldn’t move Gillane under any circumstances. He is a top, top class inside forward. We just need to feed him more.

Cian inside would be tempting, I think, if he’s not injured. But maybe just getting Casey to play a little bit higher would work too. Three weeks to look at it.

Kyle at 11 must be crossing their minds, if teams are going to shut off his attacking runs from deep.

2 Likes

Ya Kyle at 11 is a huge one I never mentioned. The man has goals in him.

Lynch to midfield and moving Hayes forward is an option. Or moving Hayes forward might just be a necessity if lynch is out.

1 Like

We might see more direct ball when Limerick return next. Hegarty when he came on hit a beautiful cross field ball to Gillane who won the ball miles ahead of Cleary before pointing off his left. Thats the thing with coming off the bench sometimes in thise games. You can see where the pockets of space are. Limerick will adjust but the gap has definitely closed. Clare while they drew in normal time last year still were reliant on a performance from the ages from Tony Kelly. They were really hanging onto Limericks coattails a bit though. Last night it was a bit role reversal. I know there is only a point of a difference between this year and last but its the the manner in which Clare brought the fight was different.

You do lose a lot of recovery pace in defence but might just be a risk we have to take if we’re being hurt by pace further out the field.

Could be a reason for Boylan to start too. Work his socks off for 50 minutes and unleash someone from the bench then.

Maybe the half-back line are saying the movement wasn’t there from the full-forward line so they didn’t deliver it.

But there was a lot of space. Now, I think Flanagan and Gillane were being held, pulled & dragged so maybe they weren’t making those runs. But you’re not going to get those frees unless the ball is delivered. You deliver the ball in and the ref might see a player is being dragged. With so much space to work with, it’s very difficult for backs to defend.

Other teams won’t give us that kind of space inside I don’t think. But Gillane is as good an inside forward as there is, give him the ball… don’t starve him.

Calls to change things with the Limerick setup is very premature. They’re going through a bit of a funk sure, but Clare had to be at their very very best and Waterford had to play like dogs and still came up short.

I do think Lynch is carrying a bit of extra timber that will melt off him as long as the hamstring injury isn’t a serious one. Hannon being half fit is much more concerning aspect for Limerick. If Finn is out for a long time that could be the biggest loss of all. Lads like Hegarty, Hayes, Casey and O Donoghue are a few gears below where they can be. Whether it is a physical or mental thing is the interesting point. You’d forgive any athlete to become a bit complacent after so much success at a relatively young age, let alone amateur athletes.

I fully expect Limerick to win Munster and the All Ireland and the conversations being had this weekend being dragged up and laughed at. If anything this loss could be the best thing to happen Limerick.

The judo throw?

Fuck it