Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

Why do you think that? If cork lose next weekend will need to beat one of Clare or Limerick

1 Like

Next Saturday night v Tipp should be a cracker

Hopefully they’ll open both terraces.

Very true. Cork won the game when it was there to be won.

Waterford were shown up like last week. Poorly coached and an awful touch.

They’ll probably need to beat one of them to be sure anyway. A defeat wouldn’t be the worst as it would probably give Cork two shots at qualification. Tipp will be virtually assured of qualification if they win as they’ll surely have enough for Waterford in Thurles.

Are you saying Clare might come out of Munster?

It wouldn’t be the worst but it definitely wouldn’t help :smiley:

They have a chance anyway, they might need to beat Cork and I wouldn’t fancy them to do that but who knows, they’re hard to beat in Ennis
They should beat Waterford

Clare game where Wexford scored heavily was 2021 I think. Only scored a paltry 0-17 against the Banner in 2020. Even last weeks decent effort only yielded a return of 0-19 and nearly a third of that game was against 14 men. The Ger Loughnane phrase “constipated hurling” springs to mind.

Funnily enough his tactical approach might have been more beneficial in his own playing days when teams didn’t tend to score in excess of 22 times a game.

But I’d say the scoring rates would reduce pro rata.

Sort of related. The size of Paddy Horgan’s hurl. I’d nearly score myself with it. Outrageous.

We’d better be careful.

I’d say Bomber and Gazzy are scouring the internet looking for negative comments on Waterford.

1 Like

Limerick currently in danger of replicating Waterford 2022. Win the league, beat the struggling outfit in the first Munster Round Robin game and then watch the season disintegrate following a defeat on matchday 2 in the Gaelic Grounds.

Not much learned there. Waterford were awful. Truth told, I didn’t think Cork were fantastic.

Darragh Fitz at centre forward is the place for him. He got some terrific points. Hoggy also played very well.
Roche and Meade both very busy in midfield.
Our halfback line were well on top.

I’d definitely start Eoin Downey and Robbie O’Flynn next Saturday. Robbie was brimming nicely when he came on and his pace could cause Tipp serious issues. If O’Donoghue is fit he must start too.

We were very lucky not to concede a few soft as shit goals in the second half.

Cork v Tipp Saturday night down de Páirc with plenty at stake. What more could a man ask for?

9 Likes

I’d caution against anyone who came on today v Waterford. If they didn’t show up and look good they need to have a chat with themselves.

22 Likes

RIP

Christy Ring.

Excuse - Dead.

3 Likes

One small difference though

Very sad.

RIP

Dreadful.

I often wonder how more people don’t die at games.

The stress for parents must be off the charts on the big days.

Padraig Horan’s dad died during a Leinster Final I think.

Has happened a few times at club games in Wexford but not lately thankfully.

1 Like

Happened my maternal Grandfather in 1965, watching the Galway footballers in the AI semi-final.

8 Likes