Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

Cork and Tipp both going well. There’ll be a crowd alright

Attendances are up year on year. Everyone loves the round robin

I’m a Roman Catholic.

A roaming catholic

3 Likes

No skin in the game with Lancashire or Wexford GAA.

Huge Limerick support in Thurles last weekend. Limerick have always travelled even when we were shit.

1 Like

It’s the new feature this year on TSG. Damien Comer was interviewed same after Ross game. Bad form really after putting in a shift all afternoon having Lee Keegan or Donal Póg expound for their own benefit.

The Cork crowd are showing fierce neediness after yesterday’s win. Mad for a pat in the head.

Sure thing buddy

The Munster Power Rankings after the weekend are largely unchanged

1. Limerick
  2. Clare (+1)
  3. Tipperary (-1)
  4. Cork (+1)
  5. Waterford (-1)
3 Likes

Here? :joy:
Nobody has downplayed it more than the Cork misery guts section, they’d make you sick :grinning:

2 Likes

Has the standard ever been as bad? Kilkenny and Galway looked moderate enough yesterday. There is no way they’re better than 2017-2019.

Cork are still pissing about with lehane and Downey. They were never good enough.

Waterford, wexford and Dublin are terrible.

Tipp are in a transition but don’t look to have many exciting young lads.

Limerick and Clare are the two best teams but Limerick are surely past their peak. Clare are a patched up enough side. One or two injuries and they are struggling.

Sure they’ve failed with that collection of players multiple times now.

You can dress a pig up but it’s still a pig.

2 Likes

Mate, the one thing I know about power rankings is you can’t be rational about it. It’s feel, bias and cute-whorism that drives where counties are in power rankings.

I think Clare can win the All Ireland if they show similar levels of hunger. Limerick overplayed the ball at times but Clare were excellent, the best I have seen any team against us in the last couple of years. The time has come for an open draw also, Wexford & Dublin do not deserve a free passage to a quarter final when they are so bad. Kilkenny and Galway are poor also.

John Conlon is a key man for them. He’s mid 30s and has a history of injuries.

They are a good side but they are beatable as well.

Anyone saying Cork are better than last year on the back of yesterday are naive at best. Too many of the same personal expecting different results.

Tipp will be a fair test as to whether they have made actual progress but the games against Limerick and Clare will be more telling as they are the standard bearers in Munster at present.

4 Likes

They won’t have the five point hatred bonus against other teams but agreed they are well in it this year.

2 Likes

He is but they have a spark other teams don’t. It could be the extra 10% they give when playing Limerick, a lot of their players are at the 28-31 year bracket, not far off last chance saloon for a few of them.

Its brutal and is as a result of nobody really great breaking through in 5 or 6 years.

TJ Reid and Patrick Horgan must be pushing 35/36 and still lorded it in Nowlan Park/Pairc Ui Chaoimh yesterday. I’d say they can’t believe it themselves.

1 Like

But Pat Ryan is getting a better tune out of them. That’s plain to see.