Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

Wexford could easily have beaten them last year. They are a good side but they aren’t great either. Unlike other counties they are getting the best out of themselves.

If cork bring in a few of their under 20s they might be dangerous.

Based on one result against a limited and jaded team? Its way too small a sample size.

Truth there.

Clare : peaked in April

Tipp : will take 3 years

Waterford :

Cork : BACK

Wexford : no comment

Kilkenny : win Leinster

Galway : Put it up to LK but fall short again

Limerick : Bear poked. AI Champions 2023

2 Likes

The standard has been desperate since about 2017 mate

5 Likes

No chance Limerick win the All Ireland. That’s genuine by the way, the injuries and energy is not there. I think we get turned over in Thurles in three weeks.

Limerick will beat Tipp, Cork should do too.

Very early days for this Tipp side. Ennis was a real bonus but Clare errors defined that game.

Cahill knows 2025 is the season to realistically challenge if plans & squad comes together

1 Like

I’d be more hopeful that 2024 will be our year.

It was a nothing game mate; Waterford were shite, simple as that. What do you want us to say exactly? We won’t know what Cork are at until the away games to Clare and Limerick.

What in god’s name is your issue with Pat Ryan exactly? Did he look at you sideways back in the day or something?

A nothing game???:open_mouth::open_mouth:
It was a Munster championship game

Many or maybe even most (on here anyway) were predicting a loss when in fact they dominated,
No need to get carried away but no need for negativity either :man_shrugging:

1 Like

The cork is back lads

Would be great if they were, but don’t see any Cork team with Lehane and Fitzgibbon starting winning anything.

Good news is that Horgan was very sharp, great to see. Looked in better nick than last year.

I meant the cork is back in the cork lads.

You’re harsh on Fitzgibbon. He won his fair bit of ball yesterday against Calum Lyons nonetheless. Lyons couldn’t keep up with him in the first half.

He will cause every centre back in the country serious issues and is one of our most important players.

A joy to watch in full flow.

1 Like

Fitzgibbon and Lehane played well but the issue is always what impact they’ll have when space is a premium. Waterford let us do whatever they wanted yesterday and let Collins pick out lads at will.

He is the definition of a downhill cyclist, great to watch when your team is on top but he slips out the side door when shoulders to the wheel are required, you don’t want him in the trenches with you.

4 Likes

Ive none. I try and look at things objectively.

2 Likes

Usually you are positive and optimistic but whenever Pat Ryan comes up you instantly look at things as negatively as possible. It’s as clear as day.

Mr fucking sunshine and rainbows himself :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

12 Likes

I dont see it like that. Everyone from Cork wants him to do well. Its year one. You want to see progress from last year. You cant claim that there is after one championship match where they were strong favourites to win. By the same token, you could not claim they were going nowhere after league semi final.

Everything is conjecture now. If they get out of Munster, integrate some new players and have a visible style of play, I would say that is a successful year 1 and a solid foundation going into next year.

2 Likes