Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

I’d say the training hasn’t evolved to match the format

1 Like

Tipp will travel for this I’d say. There’s a bit of a buzz there at the moment. I’d wager there will be around 40 thousand at it

Yes f course it’s coincidence. You don’t think Waterford are some sort of special case and so different to every other county that they’re the only one that can’t get to grips with the format? There’s correlation but not causation here, it’s not the format’s fault when Waterford have been shit, there’s been clear problems with the team in those years.

You constantly hear they train like professionals but they certainly don’t rest like professionals. It bemuses me how little pros train in soccer and Rugby for large parts of the seasons. Actual rest is a massive part of it.

2 Likes

They’ve a smaller squad. The Robin is usually a test of squad depth.

Sunday game talking about the refs strike in KK there…no mention of Henry running after the ref then today!!!

1 Like

Millerick was outstanding today.

Don’t agree, there doesn’t be huge amounts of squad rotation in other teams. And there’s no reason Waterford’s panel shouldn’t be as deep as Clare’s, or anyone’s, that’s not the fault of the format either.

Did you see Clare last year v Kilkenny ? They’d ran out of steam.

It seems to bother you but I’m not sure why, as a Preston/Tottenham Englishman loyal to the crown why are you so bothered with Paddy’s stick fighting?

So what?

As a former London inter-county hurler, I have skin in Paddy’s stick fighting.

3 Likes

Jeez I’d be amazed if there is.

What was in the TUS GG last night? 30k? I doubt it’ll reach that.

You previously said you played for Carlow?

1 Like

I would have expected Donners as performing clown coach to ensure morale remained high.

I’ve played inter-county hurling for both Carlow and London. I’ve stated that on a number of occasions.

5 Likes

London / Carlow protestant hurler :clap:

You’ll have an even bigger Cork crowd I reckon, and today’s game got over 29k with maybe only 6k from Waterford and the City End terrace left unopened.

He’s skin in the game with London Lancashire Carlow Wexford and Waterford GAA but yet is a royalist at heart it’s hard to keep up