Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

Right behind the Munster minor championship for me

I agree with you there, it’s a massive blight on the game, Fitzgibbon should be ashamed of himself, but he’s not the only one who deserves a slap on the wrist, it’s endemic in the game now

1 Like

Maybe if the linesman could have taken action in the 45 minytes beforehand Fitzgibbon wouldn’t feel the need to go down?

The whole game Lyons was at it. Dragging, kneeing, digging with the hurley.

Cahill had a great record underage beating superior Cork teams on paper to the players at his disposal.
I think the way he sets up is ideal for playing cork and I wouldn’t rule out Tipp winning down there.

He probably doesn’t have the squad to win this year, but if Limerick are to have a down year they can beat anybody,
They’ve shown since the middle of last year that they’re not afraid of a bit of donkey work, my assessment of Cork goes back to last year, after the Clare loss they’ve been a different team
Ryan has had great success in his managerial life, he was the obvious choice.

1 Like

Agreed with this completely, he was the only choice imo.

It was fine when they did the same to Limerick the previous week

13 Likes

We tried to tell everyone this last week.

Also, there’s such a bad precedent set with retrospective bans. Nearly every game has Twitter pointing to a tackle. Twitter can’t help themselves the soft fuckers

Limerick lads last week

We can’t be having lads referee and analyse the game via social media, let them get on with it

Limerick lads this week

We need all these incidents looked into and suspensions applied (especially when they may be suspended for our game)

9 Likes

I think it is @cheasty who had remarked a number of times that Clare will be back in the doldrums similar to the late 2000s before Davy took over once the 2013 crew step aside - and I get that kind of take looking at it with a cursory glance but there is a core of players in Clare between 16 and 23 who are as good as anything in the country currently.

Cork probably have far more strength in depth but the better young hurlers in Clare have less barriers for entry. Ryan, Mcarthy, Hogan, Meehan, Rodgers are all very solid building blocks who have been blooded and will be mainstays for a decade- the backs on the minors and under 20s in 2022 and 2023 have been of a very high standard. The likes of Gunning, Hegarty and the two full backs is for the minors last year and this year look every inch the kind of prospects who will excel at senior and there are a few really nicely balanced forward options in O’Neill, Collins and O’Brien who will get their chances. Sheedy looks an excellent keeper in the making too.

The likes of Crotty, Smyth, Conneally and McNamara off the 20s will all be in the match day 26 next year and pushing for starting spots for the seniors by 2025. While the likes of Lohan, Cahill and Rynne are the kind of solid athletic lads we haven’t produced enough of in the last decade and I’d say Lohan is licking his lips at having lads like that about the panel. Now we may well win fuck all but I think in the medium term Clare will be a solid team for the remainder of the decade anyway.

8 Likes

Even before Kilkenny, Clare got out of jail against Wexford when Rory O’Connor and Lee Chin both got injured and Shane Reck, who had Tony Kelly in his pocket was cynically taken out of the game with about 10 minutes left and Wexford 6 or 7 points ahead. The jury is still very much out on this Clare side as potential All Ireland champions.

1 Like

If Shanagher could run into a bit of form and maybe even trouble the starting 15 I think it would be a massive boost. I remember thinking he would be a serious weapon for ye when he first came on the scene, but it hasn’t really worked out for him.

He oscillates between either being very effective or completely ineffective and very little in between. And it has been more of the latter than the former. I think he is better used off the bench against tired defenders he can bully with his size and hand. He is a one trick pony but some days the trick works

2 Likes

The knee into the leg ? Hardly get a ban for that.

When they go direct you need someone ready to get a pass off the shoulder as he gets bottled up too easily

Is the Rodgers fella anything to Mike Rodgers, him of the pub, shop and petrol pump and festival in Scarriff?

Cork should start O’Flynn and Kingston to target the lack of pace in the Tipp defence.

Mark is Ger’s son I’m nearly sure

Rodgers is a class act. Reminds me of a young Hoggie

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

3 Likes